Only Hope Chapter 59

Louis' Pov:

I stood in the bathroom in complete utter shock at the previous events with Brooke. I didn't understand why she was getting so defensive. I may have been a little harsh but if we could never have a kid because of her disease. She may not live through the nine months of pregnancy; and what if she does and is paralyzed by then?

I sat down on the closed toilet lid and ran a hand through my knotted hair. I know I'm going to have to go and apologize to her, but I should let her cool off.

I rubbed my face with my hands and let out a loud breath of air I was holding in. This Christmas was not going as well as I hoped.

I stood up and picked up the trash that has fallen out of the trash can and into the black tin next to the toilet. I stepped away and as I did I heard a plastic crunch beneath my foot. Beneath my foot was a small white sick that was made out of plastic.

I picked it up and examined it to see there was two thin, pink lines on the tiny screen. My eyes widen in utter shock and I quickly tossed it in the trash can. My curious thoughts of last night were confirmed by that little stick I found. Brooke is pregnant. She is pregnant with my child. I'm going to be a father. I'm going to be a father at twenty-three. I'm not ready to be a father.

Don't get me wrong. . . I want kids so bad, but now that it has become a reality I am terrified especially with everything going on around us. Brooke and I aren't married yet! We are engaged but haven't been officially married yet.

I stepped out of the bathroom and made my way down the stairs to see everyone sitting on the couch. I looked at Brooke to see she was talking to Niall and Harry. By the look on his and Harry's face I knew they knew; I knew Brooke was not going to tell me and that enrages me.

If she was going to play it like that then so be it, but two can play at this game. I was going to act like everything was fine and I'm going to wait and see how long until she tells me.

"Babe? I'm sorry," I said, making my way over to her and engulfing her in an embrace. She instantly relaxed in my arms and hugged me back. "It's okay. I am over it. I guess it's my period acting up," she said, lightly chuckling. Period my ass. . .

I flashed her a fake smile before asking, "what were you guys talking about?" "Oh we were talking about Christmas dinner," Niall said. Harry nodded besides him. "What is going on for Christmas dinner?" I asked.

"We plan on having family and friends get together and open gifts," Zayn said. "That should be fun," I said, "what will we be having for dinner?" "Roast beef for our main course," Liam said.

"Niall? Can I talk to you?" I asked, changing the subject. His eyes looked at me with a mixture of curiosity and concern before he slowly nodded. I grinned and walked away from the group and into the kitchen; Niall followed closely behind.

I made sure that we were out of eavesdrop before I yanked him by the arm. He yelped and rubbed his arm. "What is your deal?" he asked. "Two things: one, I am still mad over the fact that you lied to me about Brooke, but I am getting over it. And two, I know Brooke is pregnant," I said.

His eyes widen and his mouth fell open for a split second before he closed it. "What?! How?" he exclaimed. "I saw the pregnancy test," I said, "I also know she isn't going to be telling me and I want it kept that way. I'm trusting you, Niall." "Why are you coming to me about this?" "Because I know if I went to Harry he wouldn't listen to me and Zayn and Liam do not know about Brooke being pregnant," I said, he nodded.

"Why should I not tell Brooke that you know?" he asked. "Because I'm testing her. I want to see how long until she tells me," I explained. "Why?" he asked. "Because this is why we have problems in our relationship. We keep things from each other and by testing her I will see how long until she is going to tell me and I want you in on this," I said.

"She will be furious if she found out about this," he said. "You weren't thinking that way about me when she told you not to tell me she was going to Australia," I pointed out. He huffed in annoyance and said, "I thought we were over that. . . but okay. I will do you this favor."

I smiled and pulled him in a hug. "Thanks, Niall. It means a lot," I said. He smiled and held me close. "Of course, Louis. It's the least I can do after everything," he said.

We pulled apart and I said, "I think we should head back in there. But do you know the plan?" He nodded. "Keep my mouth shut and get every bit of information on Brooke," he said. I patted his back before we exited the kitchen to see everyone in the house sitting on the couch.

"Are we ready to celebrate Christmas?" I asked, grinning. "Hell to the yeah!" Harry shouted at the top of his lungs. Niall looked at Harry with a weird look and Harry couldn't help himself but laugh.

I walked up to Brooke and wrapped my arms around her from behind as everyone else fell into a deep conversation. She seemed quiet and distant; I squeezed her body gently to assure her. "Are you okay?" I asked, she nodded.

"I'm in deep thought, that's all," she said. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked her. "I have a question," she stated. "Ask away," I said, holding her close to my body. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me in for a quick, short kiss.

"Can we get married next month?"

A/n: Hello everyone! I just want to really thank SuspensefulNeshie because her kind words are making me want to continue on Wattpad and are pushing me to continue this book. It really brings a smile on my face and it makes me excited again to finish the book.

Anyways, I hope you guys liked this short little chapter. A lot will happen in the next chapter so beware!