Chapter 2

Bucky's P.O.V.

   I stared at the figure in horror. It can't be them. They can't have been here getting tortured all these years.

   "[Y/N]...?" I whispered hoarsely. They stopped moving. Their head turned slowly to look at me.

   "Bucky." They growled. They stood up, their wrists pulling against the chains. Their glare pinned on me.

   "[Y/N], what did they do to you?" I wrapped one of my hands around one of the iron bars. They laughed emptily.

   "Now you care? You left me for dead! You..." they paused, the anger in their voice rose. "You fucking bastard!!" Their scream bounced off the walls. I closed my eyes. I deserved that. I left them, and look at the state they're in.

   "We're going to get you out of here, alright dear?" Nat asked as she had been working with the lock. [Y/N] looked at her for the first time. They nodded.

   "Yes please." They whimpered softly. Nat finally gave up on trying with the lock and pulled out her gun. She shot the lock and it fell clear off. [Y/N] flinched back at the sound. She ran in and began working at the wrist restraints. Steve and Tony turned to me.

   "Who are they?" Steve asked. I thought back. Should I tell them? They wouldn't abuse her powers, right? Of course not. At least Steve wouldn't, I'm not too sure about Tony. "Buck. Who are they?" I sighed.

   "They're Hydra's secret weapon." I cast glance toward [Y/N] and their wings. "Their name's [Y/N]. I'll tell you guys more later." Steve nodded.

   "Hey Tony," Nat called, "I could use your assistance in here." Tony nodded and went in, using the lasers in his suit to cut through the chains. They both helped them walk to the cell door and out of the base to the ship.

   "Peter! Open the ship!" Tony yelled. The door slowly opened and I swear I saw something flash near the base out of the corner of my eye. Peter sat in the ship with his mask off. His eyes widened when he saw [Y/N]. Nat sat them down and draped a blanket over their shoulders. [Y/N] thanked her quietly and pulled the blanket tighter. Steve went to steer the ship while Tony went to talk with Peter. I sat down with Nat and [Y/N]. I was slightly nervous that they would attack me, though.

   After a while, they began to get drowsy and Nat had to go talk with Steve, so [Y/N] was handed off to me. Now they was laying across my lap, almost asleep.

   "I really am sorry, [Y/N]." I whispered. After no response, I was sure they had fallen asleep. Then came a soft hum from the unmoving body, their eyes fluttering softly but not opening. Their hand slowly shifted to my arm, gripping it weakly.