Chapter 17

[Y/N]'s P.O.V.

   Tony placed his hand on my back and led me down the hall. I could feel the tears beginning to run down my cheeks. I knew he was taking me to a cell. I stopped. He stopped too and looked back at me.

   "Tony..." I murmured, "Please don't do this." He gave me a look of sympathy.

   "This is for your own good, [Y/N]." He told me. I shook my head.

   "They have all said that, Tony." I growled. "You don't think I've escaped before? With my kind of power you don't think I've escaped? I was put into asylums and told I was insane, Tony. Hydra would find me, bring me back, and torture me." He gave me a pitiful look.

"I'm sorry, but we'll keep you company. We just can't let you hurt yourself." He told me choosing his words carefully.

   "Why? So I can make your team powerful? Is that the only reason I'm here?" I demanded. "To give you power? Huh?! Is it?!" He took a step away from me.

   "[Y/N] listen," He looked at me wearily. I smirked wickedly.

   "You're scared of me, aren't you?" I grinned. "Trust me, Tony Stark. If I wanted you to be dead, you'd already be on the floor, bleeding." Black began to fill my vision. It was diluted and red. Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill! Oh, I wanted to so bad. I had a knife. I could kill Stark right here and now, and no one would be able to stop me.

   "[Y/N]. Put the knife down." Tony. Help me. Keep talking. I need your voice. Or Loki. Please. I don't want to kill again. "Put. The knife. Down." His voice was rougher now. Please don't try to hurt me. You won't be able to. I'll kill you. I don't want to. I needed to reach for something. Anything. So I blindly lunged forward. I felt my body thump against something. A pair of arms wrapped around me.

   My vision gradually went back to normal. I was kneeled on the ground with Tony. He had his arms wrapped around me, hugging me. I let out a slow sigh of relief. At least I didn't kill anyone this time. Then I felt something warm begin to seep over my legs. I pulled away and looked and Tony. A crimson red was soaking through his clothes. A knife lay on the ground a few feet away covered in blood.

   "Oh, God." I whispered, my eyes widening. "Tony. No no no." He looked up at me.

   "[Y/N]..." He rasped. "I think you may have stabbed me." Why am I such a monster?! "If I die, can you tell Steve I love him and Emma more than life itself?" I shook my head.

   "You're not going to die." I told him. "I won't let you." I opened the door we were by. It led to a room with two chairs and a coffee table. I dragged Tony inside. He grunted and groaned. I lay him down on the floor. He was fading fast. I held my hands over his wound, but nothing happened. I tried and I tried, but nothing happened. Then Tony stopped moving. I checked his pulse. None. I killed him. Oh God. What have I done?