Chapter 7

[Y/N] P.O.V.

   After I had been introduced to everyone I was escorted back to my room. I sat back down on the bed and the door was locked again. I sighed. I guess I'm an avenger now. Yay. I stood up and walked over to the window. I don't think I'll ever get used to how high up it is.

   "Hello my dear." A voice spoke from behind me. "So you're an avenger now?" I nodded.

   "Yes. Yes I am." I replied. He chuckled.

   "I wouldn't be so quick to trust them. There's more to them than meets the eye." He warned darkly. I rolled my eyes.

   "Yeah right." I scoffed. "They actually accepted me and didn't lock me up." He laughed.

   "Didn't lock you up? Aren't you locked in this room right now?" He asked. "As for accepting you, they only want you for your power. They know how powerful you are, my dear. Your friend Bucky told them all about you and what you can do." I pressed one of my hands to the glass and sucked in a shaky breath.

   "No." I denied.

   "Face it. If you were to ever lose your abilities or have second thoughts, they'd cast you out and leave you for dead." I squeezed my eyes shut.

   "Stop it." I whispered.

   "They know what you did." He growled. I could feel his breath against my ear. "They know about all those people you killed. They know everything about you, [Y/N]." I felt the tears rushing to my eyes.

   "No." I murmured.

   "If you ever betray them, ever think for yourself, they'll kill without a second thought. Do you know why, my dear?" He asked harshly. "Huh? Do you?! Because you, you are not like them. They don't like people who aren't like them." I shook my head. "Face it. I am the only one who will ever accept you. Because you, are like me." The tears slipped from my eyes, which I had now opened, and fell down my cheeks.

   "I... I didn't mean to kill them." I whispered.

   "But you did." He snapped. "You killed them. How many was it? Tens? Hundreds? No. No no no. I do believe that it was thousands." I didn't want to cry in front of him. I couldn't let him know that I'm weak. "Yes. It was thousands." I let out a sob.

"I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to!" I cried. Two hands gripped my shoulders firmly and spun me around. Two eyes of sparkling emerald green met mine.

"I know." He said softly. "I know, my dear. I didn't mean to kill either."