Annika and Shivaay watched the entire scene play out, and gave each other knowing looks. 

"Om seemed upset two days ago, when Gauri left for Dandi's without telling him. I know, she is not obliged to tell him, but I think he feels bad that Gauri doesn't share anything with him" said Annika.

"I understand Om, but the thing is from my conversation with Gauri yesterday, I gathered that Om didn't trust her when he needed to. I've told him this long back, that he shouldn't judge people so soon. I think that is responsible for whatever for the friction between them currently. But also, my young brother is commitment phobic, which only adds to the issue" sighed Shivaay.

"I think maybe the situations aren't conducive to them having a conversation either, it gives Gauri ample chance to avoid him" said Annika, thoughtfully.

"I know that look, what are you thinking Annika?" asked Shivaay, narrowing his eyes at his wife.

"Billu ji, you know what I am thinking, because don't we come to the same conclusion, always?" Annika winked at him.

*******************************************

Next morning Dadi made a request at breakfast. 

"I was wondering if one of you could do me a favor; its regarding a friend" she said. 

"Which friend, mummyji?" asked Jahnvi.

"You wouldn't know, Jahnvi, it was when I and your father-in-law started our new married life in Mumbai, and laid the foundation for Oberoi business empire. When we shifted to Mumbai, we were new to the city, and along with us, one my friends, who also got married around the same time, shifted to Maharashtra, and settled at Kolhapur. Initially, me and your father-in-law struggled a lot in setting a base in Mumbai. Then one day, my friend and husband came to visit us in Mumbai. They were living happily in Kolhapur. Hearing of our troubles, they went out of way, and in their large-heartedness, gifted a Shiv Parvati idol to us, but only for a year. They said that this idol blessed their family, and they hoped that this idol would bless ours too. We did a pooja and established that idol in our house, and my friend was proven right. Our business just grew and grew. But we got so busy that we forgot to return that idol to her after a year. Then when Tej was born we invited all our family and friends to our home. Thats when my friend came and took back that idol with her, since it rightfully belonged to her. Since then, we have kept in touch, but we aren't that close anymore" bemoaned Dadi. 

Everyone was listening to the tale with rapture, especially Gauri, whose ears perked up on the mention of a 'ShivParvati' idol.

"Its been almost fifty five years since I conversed with my friend properly. I think she is still a little mad at me. But since we are both old now, I want to make up with her, I think she wants it too. So, she sent me an invitation, to a huge pooja and mela (fair) at her place which is happening this week. But my health has acted up, and I can't go meet her right now. I was thinking I would meet her when my health recovers, but if I send no representative from my family to her pooja then she will that I am not interested, and it will look abominably condescending of me. So, can any one of you do me a favor and visit her this week?" asked Dadi.

Now Dadi didn't expect any of her two sons to raise to the occasion; she had long stopped expecting from them. Tej made some excuse about business while Shakti, though interested since it was a religious affair, was stuck in the same business matter. Jahnvi genuinely wanted to go, but her business was new and she had to be there at her office. Pinky wasn't interested in going to some random city of Maharashtra, so she denied. 

As always, Dadi's grandsons volunteered to go for the task. 

Shivaay volunteered for himself and Annika, but then the idea struck him and Annika both at the same time, that this would be a great opportunity to reduce the distance between Om and Gauri.