The bad News

TRINITY

I jolted up. "I'm awake!" I yell. I realize I'm on the couch and everyone's starring at me now. But I'm not the kind of 'I care about what people say' girl. "What?"

"Are you ok?" Jamie asks. I nod.

I don't really remember my dream, all I remember was I was somewhere in a black dress.

I was about to say something but I got a call. "Hello?"

"Is this Trinity?" a voice says.

"Maybe. It depends on who this is." I hesitate.

"It's me Madison." she says.

"Well, how did you get my number?" everyone starring at me like they wanna hear my conversation.

"It was on my caller ID. You never changed it." She laughs.

I put my hand over the phone. "Why didn't I change my number?" I take it off. "Well, what do you want?"

"Mom."

"What about her."

"S-s-s-" she stutters.

"Tell me! the anxiety is killing me."

"She's dead."

My eyes go wide as I drop the phone. "D-d-d" I pick up the phone. Stay strong. Confident.

"And?" I stutter.

"The funeral is tomorrow at 3:00. You don't have to come but, I thought I'd invite you anyways." She says.

"Ok. I'll be there. I'll see you then." my voice cracks. I hang up. I take a deep breath in.

"What?" Mer asks.

"My mother." I manage. Don't cry!

"Yes?"

"Died." I breath.

"Oh." They all say.

"I'll be right back. You guys just watch something." I walk to my room. I close the door and fall to the ground.

Why am I so weak? Why do I care, that the one who abused me has passed? Why do I care that the one who gave birth to me has moved on?Ugh!

I stood up and went to my closet. Black. Black. I take out the black pants and black blouse. I put them on the foot of my bed.

I put on my best happy face. Be cool. I walk out and plop on the couch. "Are you ok?" Jamie asks.

"Yes I'm perfectly fine. Why?" I put some popcorn in my mouth. It has to much salt.

I swallow it and looked at the tv. They are watching Rise of the Guardians. It was at the part where Jamie believed in him. I smiled. He was so cute when he was little.

I kept watching the movie until it was over. "Who's movie are we watching next?" I ask.

"Hiccups." Jack says.

"Ok. But, Merida, stay calm." I say. They give me confused looks. "Astrid kisses Hiccup twice."

"What?" She says. She glares at Hiccup and gives him the 'we'll talk later' face. I just chuckle.

"But other than that, the movie is awesome. I especially like the war. But I haven't seen number two." I say.

We watch all of the movie then watch Tangled. Then Brave. Then Frozen. By the time we were done it was 4:37am.

"Holy rose! It's already almost 5:00am. I need to be up by 2:00 at least. Goodnight." I scurry to my room.

I jump in my bed and slowly fall asleep.