Epilogue

Seven years later....

Today is the day, I am opening my first Art Exhibit in New York. It's been a dream to open one of my own for a while.

I graduated from SCAD and Micah graduated from UCLA three years ago. The distance was hard but we visited each other every break and every summer. It began to not be so hard anymore when I had faith by my side.

After Micah got out of college, he started his own little gym in downtown New York named Golden Boy Gym. His parents were upset, of course, but he told me it's better to do it now and then ask for forgiveness later.

It's been 3 years and we haven't had forgiveness from them since.

Oh well.

We've been living together ever since college. I thought I would've hated living with him by now, but it's quite the opposite. I fall more and more in love with that man than I have before. Where would I be without him by my side?

"Babe, Where's my tie at?" Micah called from the open kitchen.

We scored a pretty good apartment considering it's downtown New York. When we first walked in to check it out, we both knew that it was the one for us.

"I don't know. Look behind the closet" I adjust my hoop earrings. I assess my outfit in the mirror and run my hand down my dress to straighten it out. My hands shake warily as I touched the lace-like material.

Micah noticed I was nervous and grabbed my hand. Without words, he understood how I felt. He embraced me from behind and kissed my neck for comfort. "It's going to be amazing, babe."

Heat filled my cheeks as he held me tightly. Almost on cue, the nerves began to go away. I turn towards him. "I love you."

"I love you too." He kissed me back. The spark in his kiss almost took away the breath in my lungs to breathe. He pulls back from the kiss and smiles. "Let's go. We can't be late for the opening ceremony."

I follow him out the door and smiled at the man that I knew was my soulmate.

**

"Cut it! Cut it!" The crowd chants as I held the gigantic scissors in my hands.I finally have enough strength to raise the scissors to the giant red ribbon across the doors.

I cut the ribbon and the crowd burst into excitement. We walk in to hear music playing softly in the background. As I walk through, many people came up to me complimenting me on my work.

I noticed Micah had gone missing from my side. I asked his assistant where he was and she just smiles and shakes her head.

A crowd form around a painting that I weren't too familiar with. I pushed past the people to see what kind of painting made everyone surround it so frantically.

I finally got to the painting and stared at it in awe. It was a vibrant painted picture of a woman and a rose. The strokes on the picture was flawless, which means it wasn't mine.

I looked at the card information to see who this belonged to:

Alexandria Kara Promise
Will You Marry Me?

What?

I turn around and see Micah kneeling down on one knee. Tears started to well up in my eyes.

Micah finally spoke. "When I first met you, I thought you were hell-bent on hating me forever. Little did I know, that we were going to fall in love," His eyes started to tear up. "I love the way you speak your mind. I love the way you curse me out whenever I don't clean the dishes." The crowd shared a laugh. "I don't know where I would be without you. And I never want to experience a day that I'm not with you. You are such a passionate, patient, hardworking woman. I'm so in love with you." I burst into tears. "Alexandria Kara Promise, will you marry me?"

"Yes! A million times yes!!" I wipe the tears off my face. He placed the diamond ring on my finger and kissed me. The crowd applauds as I embrace Micah. I was speechless for words.The crowd dispersed through the exhibit to give Micah and I some space.

I look back at the painting and back to Micah. "Who drew that?"

"Your one and only." He wrapped his arms around my waist to close the distance from each other.

"No way." I gasped.

"I took classes to make sure that I drew it just right." A smirk grew on his face. "I might just open my own Art Exhibit."

I playfully hit him and we laugh. I wrap my arms around his neck and sway left to right. I rest my head on his shoulder and smiled. "I love you, Golden Boy."

"I love you too, New Girl."

~The End~

~author's note~
Annnnddd that's a wrap!!
I just want to say thank you so much for your votes and comments. But this isn't the end because..........

There's a sequel!!!

Yes, there's a sequel and this is a part of the Life series. The next book is called A Fake Life.

Enjoy!

Don't forget to vote and comment!