Chapter 8: The Party

6:00 p.m.

"Ready for your outfit for the night?" Harlow called from my closet.

"That outfit better actually covers most of my body, Harlow." I said shaking my head.

"It's cute, trust me. Now close your eyes."

"Heck no. I'm good. Just show me without all the shenanigans." I said putting down a Vogue magazine.

"Just do it!"

I sigh and closed my eyes. I was almost too scared to reopen them. I could hear Harlow shuffle out of the closet with the outfit.

"Now open." I opened to see what little fabric she had for me.

She had a pair of light wash ripped mom jeans with black fishnet to match. On top of the jeans was a dark red velvet tube top. I was truly surprised.

"Wow. You actually do have good taste." I took the clothes she laid out for me and went to go change.

"I've always had good taste. Just get dressed so I can do your hair." She called from my room. I finished getting dressed and opened the door, so Harlow could come in and do my hair. She came into the frame of my bathroom door with a tight black velvet dress. She had her fishnets on as well with knee-high black boots to match. She was dressed for the night. "I'm going to straighten your hair, is that okay?"

"Yeah sure. My hair will be a little frizzy but whatever." I shrugged as she started to straighten my hair.

8:00 p.m.

"Okay, why did it take so long for me to straighten your hair?" Harlow said with frustration.

"That's natural hair for ya." I got up from the sink counter and started on my makeup.

"Isn't Micah picking you up?"

Shoot I forgot. The thought didn't even occur to me until Harlow brought it up. "Um, yeah but I can just drive us there instead."

"No, I'll just hitch a ride from the group."

"Are you-" My back pocket started to vibrate.

Unknown Number
Hey Alex, it's Golden Boy. I can't pick you up because I still have to set up everything. I'm really sorry.

"He just texted me. He can't pick me up." I threw my phone back on the counter. I let Harlow finish my makeup.

"Meredith texted me saying Jonathan is picking everyone up. We can just join them." She said while finishing my eyeliner.

"Yeah. What time did they say they would pick us up?" I ask, walking back into my bedroom.

"8:30. That's enough time, right?" She called from the bathroom. I looked at the clock to see how much time we had left.

8:28 p.m.

"Harlow! Finish your make up quickly. They'll be here in like two minutes!" I scrabbled to get my black purse and filled it with stuff I need for tonight.

"I'm already finished. Let's get outside." She came out of the bathroom with little to no makeup. Even without makeup, she was stunning. We collected our stuff and walked to the front door.

"Have fun girls!" My mom spoke from Celeste's room.

"We will. Love you!" I screamed out as I locked the door behind us.

I guess I can't go back now. This party is going to be a bust.

"You look good, Alex," Jonathan said from the driver's seat. This was the first time Jonathan was really looking at me. "...oh and you too Harlow."