Chapter 19: The Phone Call

"BEEP BEEP BEEP!"

My eyes fluttered open at the sound of my alarm. I swung my arm over to my phone to stop the alarm. After some failed attempts to stop the alarm, I finally made the alarm stop ringing. I sat up and went to my closet to go change out of my pajamas I had on.

After rummaging through my closet, I decided to go with a light denim skirt and a white blouse. As I walk into the bathroom to fix my mess of a hair, I could hear Celeste playing with her dolls.

"Celeste, start getting ready for school." I shouted from my room. I could hear her groan from the bathroom.

I decided to let my natural curls down for the day and put on light makeup to finish getting ready. I jammed my feet into my white vans and walked over to my sister's room to do her hair.

As I walked into the bright pink room, Celeste sat in the chair next to her pink vanity to get ready.

I brushed her hair up into two space buns and a little glitter in her middle part because she's obsessed with it.

"Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm glad to see you happy again." Celeste looked at me with a toothy smile.

"Me too, Celeste. I love you." I said as I bend down to hug her tightly.

We hugged and went downstairs to eat breakfast before going to school. I walked up to the white marbled island and grabbed the sticky note that I can only assumed came from my mother.

I had to get to work early for a market meeting. I was supposed to pick up Hayden this morning so I need you to pick him up also. I'm giving back your car TEMPORARILY. I love you. xoxo Mom

I smiled at the note and set it down on the table. Celeste and I grabbed our breakfast and headed to my car.

I set all my stuff down in the car and plugged my phone up to the aux. I played my usual car music and drove to Micah's house.

We drove into Micah's fancy driveway and parked. "Celeste, go and get Hayden. I'll stay in the car."

Celeste got out and started to walk up to the door. I got on my phone and checked my messages.

Jonathan

Good morning beautiful :)

I smiled at Jonathan's message and replied:

Wow, you're chee-

"HEY PARTNER!" Micah screamed as he got in the passenger seat.

I jumped at the sound of his voice and it resulted in my phone flying out of my hands. "Micah, why are you in MY car? Also, why are yelling?" I ranted. I grab my phone again and finish up the text I was going to send to Jonathan that was interrupted.

"You're taking Hayden to school, you might as well take me too." He smiled. Almost on cue, Hayden and Celeste flooded back into the backseat.

"Fine. Just because I am taking you to school doesn't mean I forgive you from yesterday." I started up the car and pulled out of the driveway.

"Alex, I didn't m-"

"Golden Boy, I will throw you out this car while it is still moving. Do not try me today." I deadpanned.

Micah took my threat seriously and stayed quiet for the rest of the ride. I continued to play music as Hayden and Celeste talked in the back.

I drove into the car line and parked. Hayden got out first and went around to open Celeste's door to help her get out. I couldn't help but 'awe' when Celeste and Hayden held hands and walked into school together.