Chapter 2: The Beginning of Something New

"Remember to do your homework!" Mr. Bass yelled as the class packed for the bell to ring. I packed all my stuff and started to play on my phone.

It's the third period and I regret not skipping the whole day. I know I have to have a clean record after what happened back home. I just wish I didn't have to keep it clean like this.

When the bell rang, I walked out of class searching for my schedule. I finally pulled out my schedule from my bag and accidentally dropped it. I went to pick it up when a hand slapped my butt hard. I turn around quickly to see who did it. There was a big group of boys laughing and winking at me. I pick up my schedule and started to march my way over to the group of hormonal pigs.

I was stopped by a guy who looked like he was straight out of a magazine. He had brunette hair with green eyes. "You need to get to class. Don't get in trouble."

"I don't even know you so back off. I do what I want." I said trying to walk past him. Who does he think he is?

He grabs my arm without trying to make eye contact with me. "You shouldn't do it anyways. Just trying to help."

His grip was intense at this point, but I'm used to the hard grip from past experiences. "Thanks for your concern but I didn't ask for it." I ripped my arm away from his grip and kept walking. When I checked to see where the pigs were, they were gone. I turn around to see if the guy was still there, but he wasn't there either.

I hate this school with a burning passion. I shook my head and checked my schedule to see what was my next class.

Honors Chemistry.

Room: 246

The bell rang for the next class to begin and I was nowhere close to my Chem class. I sprint upstairs and ran across the school to get to my Chemistry class in a decent time. I swung open the door to be greeted with stares from everyone like I was a psycho.

It sounds about right.

"You must be Alex. Welcome to Chemistry and your seat is in the back row next to Micah." He smiled. "Wave your hand, Micah!" The teacher said enthusiastically.

I turn to see where and who Micah was. He had his head down waving. I walk down the aisle to my seat and then he looked up. That's when I knew, this was the class I'll hate the most.

"Don't give me that look like it was my fault, you were the one that wouldn't listen." Micah said returning his focus back to his phone. I dislike this boy a lot.

"Why did you even stop me?" I said, putting my bag down next to me.

"I look out for people because it's a nice thing to do." He said fixing his hair. "You should try it sometime."

I ignore his comment and look around the class to see girls gossiping and staring at me. "Why is this school a gossip central?" I ask him in a whisper.

"It's because you're the new kid. It'll die down if you lay low for a while." He said while playing cards on his phone.

I examined his face a little more. He seemed familiar. His high cheekbones and his emerald eyes. Then it came together.

"Wait-Aren't you Malachi and Aspen Skye's kid?"

"If you are talking about the multimillionaire couple, then yes. I am their son." He said like it was an everyday thing.

"So, I'm assuming you're like popular around here?"

"Popular with the ladies? I sure am." He said while winking at Raven in the front row.