Chapter 25: Returning Home

"Are you all packed?" Micah called from the shower.

"Yeah but you need to hurry up with the shower. I told you not to do it last minute, Golden Boy." I complained. As I waited for Micah, I scroll through my Instagram feed.

"Calm down."

"Don't tell me t-" I look up from my phone to see Micah's muscular build in a towel. His brunette hair dripped to the side as he ran his hands through it. His body was chiseled all the way to- I snap out of my thoughts and covered my eyes. "Just go get on clothes please?"

"Don't act like you didn't just stare at me." He joked. Hopefully. How long was I staring for?

"I'm going to go call Harlow." I got up off the bed and started to dial Harlow.

"Hey!!" Harlow squealed through the phone. "How are you feeling?"

I sighed. "Very tired. The funeral was beautiful and sad at the same time. Meghan took off work to hang out with Ryland and I."

"Aww. That's so nice. It's also nice that Micah came with you to check on you. You need to be nicer to him."

I rub the temples of my head. "Coming from you, that's funny. You aren't even nice to my boyfriend."

"Woah, you're giving him a title now? Sounds like progress to me." She scoffed.

"Shut up."

"I just don't want you getting hurt, Alex." She sighed.

I fiddled with my purse strapped. " I know."

"Did you know his birthday is this Saturday? Jackson and him are planning a party."

"A party? That must be Jackson's idea." I said in disbelief. Jonathan isn't the type to party.

"Nope. It was all Jonathan's idea. They invited literally everyone, I'm surprised you haven't heard anything about it?" She said surprised.

"Yeah, me too." Micah came into view, fully clothed, and bags packed ready to go. "Hey Harlow, I'm about to head to the airport now so I'll call you when I get back."

"Haha, don't bother. I'm chillin with your sister." I could hear Celeste singing Moana in the background.  I've missed that munchkin.

"Whatever weirdo. Bye." I hung up the phone and stuffed it in my purse. I followed Micah through the beautiful staircase to the front door.

Meghan and Ryland came out of the kitchen in unison. Meghan wore a white jumpsuit similarly to the one she wore at the funeral. She matched with white Louis Vuitton pumps that made her taller than her brother. Ryland wore a red sweater and a white bow tie.

"Ready to go?" Meghan smiled. Meghan is very intimidating but I knew she wasn't really scary at all. She was genuine and sweet. She walked over to me and gave me a big bear hug. "I'm glad I have a sister. Now I don't have to hear Ryland's whining all by myself." We all chuckled, except Ryland of course.

After Meghan and I broke away from the hug, Ryland hugged me tightly. "You will always be our family. I'm so glad I got to meet you." I agree as he broke away from the hug.

"You better come visit during the holidays." Meghan demanded with a soft smile. Even though she was smiling, I knew she meant business.

Micah and I gathered our belongings and got into the limousine. We departed from the driveway leaving Ryland and Meghan on the porch waving bye.

We get on our flight on time and sat down quickly before the plane took off. I look over to Micah diligently working on his chemistry essay. He had his white AirPods in his ears and his MacBook pulled up. I nudged him to get his attention. "Thank you for coming with me. It means a lot to me for you to be with me through it all."