62

... sorry.
If y'all don't vote I'm going
ghost again. 😤
My fault for any mistakesss.

Omniscient

"Do you solemnly swear that the testimony you are about to give in the case pending before this court will be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"

"I do."

•••

"All rise."

I rolled my eyes and got up along with everybody else in the courtoom.

"How does the defendant plead?" The judge asked. ( don't mind me, haven't watched law & order in a while)

"Not guilty, your honor." My lawyer says.

I tilted my head as the judge sized me up.

My lawyer and Taymoor's presented the opening statements, now it was time to call a witness to the stand. My lawyer couldn't find anyone who was in the store while they were arguing, so the camera's could back us up for what went down outside the store.

Maybe some people did see what happened but just not saying shit, cause they know we'll be on a plane after this and they'll have to deal with Taymoor. Maybe not.

"I call Samara Williams to the stand."

Samara, one of the workers got up and made their way to the stand. Her face showed the amount of agony she was in. I could tell she didn't want to be apart of this, but Tay may have worked a few things out for her to do it.

"Can you explain to the jury, what you saw the night of the incident?"

"Well..." She spoke. "I can't remember the exact time, but I was about to clock out of work when my mother asked me to get a few things in the store for her. She sent me a list of things to get, and so I went through the isles to find them. I stopped when I seen Nick approaching Taymoor-"

"Wait, would you repeat that for the jury? You seen who approaching who?"

"Objection your honor, may you please instruct Mr. Witherspoon to refrain from cutting the defendants witness off?" My lawyer says.

"Sustained. Understood, Witherspoon?" The judge says.

"Samara, could you describe Santana's appearance at that time?"

"Objection your honor, this has nothing to do with the situation."

"Overruled. I want to hear where he's going with this,"

"I believe he was in a sweatsuit. He looked... comfortable." Samara says.

Well that's cause he was about to get on a flight, bitch.

"And did you hear anything they were talking about?"

"I heard Nahmi- I'm sorry, Nick, ask if he works there. Taymoor responded by saying 'who's asking' and by the time Nick can say anything, I walked away." She says.