This Christmas (3)

I was even more confused now, but even more embarrassed at my behavior and word vomit. I apologized profusely to Niall for everything I said. He just laughed it off in true Niall fashion.

“So to make it up to me you can say that you are going with me. I mean already got the tickets.” He gave me that cocky smirk that always made me want to hit him.

I rolled my eyes as I let out a defeated sigh. “Fine I give. You win.” Still couldn't figure out why he wanted me to go home with him so bad. Then the next thought to hit me was;what if. What if his friends don't like me? What if I don't fit in with his friends? Oh dear Lord what if his family hates me?

“What's the matter?” His words brought me out of my headspace. His expression was a cross between amused and confused.

“Niall what if nobody likes me?” I asked as seriously as I could. I was genuinely worried about this. I could feel a bit of anxiety start to build up inside my chest.

“Not like ya? What are you on about now? How could they not like ya? You manage to charm the pants off everyone you meet.” He laughed.

“It's not funny Niall,” I immediately thought of worst case scenario. His mother was going to think I was a gold digger just using her baby boy. His dad would ask why he was friends with me. His friends would shut me out and there I would be in Ireland with nobody but Niall on my side.

“Sam!” Niall called my name loudly. I looked at him still scared that I would be shunned by his people back home. “Calm down. Trust me they will absolutely love ya. Mum and Da especially with the way you don't let me get away with shit.”

I laughed a little at that. “Oh so did you know Justin Rose was here?” I remembered my quick run in with him from earlier.

“Yeah going out to 40 for drinks later. You wanna go?” He acted as if nothing happened from when I first arrived and tried to take his head off his shoulders.

“I've got some things to do for work. You go and have fun.” I had started to tell him bye when he stopped me.

“Come on please go. Kate is with him and she would love to see you I'm sure. Give her another female to talk to. So she won't be so outnumbered.” He gave me the sad puppy face.

“Ugg don't do that,” I turned away from him. He knows that I can never say no to the puppy face. I heard the chair as it scooted across the tile floor. I knew I was in for it.

He was in front of me in seconds giving me the look. “Come on Sam. Go with us. Do it for poor Kate.” He pouted and made the sad eyes again.

“Damn you Niall. Fine when?” I gave in for poor Kate's sake. Couldn't leave her to be the only female with these idiotic boys.

“Gonna meet them in about an hour. I just need to change and then head that way.” He checked the time on his phone.

“Really Niall?” I didn't have time to go home and change. I would be at least forty minutes late. He just looked at me like I had lost my mind again. “I don't have time to go home and get ready.”

“Ya look fine Sam.” He said with a slight eye roll. I just glared at him. “You got some clothes here let's go check them.”

We checked an extra closet and found a few things I had forgotten about. “There see no excuses now.” He raised his eyebrows and let them fall back in place.

“Yeah yeah,” I put my hand over his face and pushed him away. Go get ready ya pest.”

He let out a laugh, “Oh I'm the pest? I'm not the one that barged into someone's house going on about vacation time.”

Ugg that made me feel bad. “I said I was sorry.”

“I know ya did,” he called back over his shoulder as he walked out of the room. “Now get ready. Got to be leaving soon.”

I changed into a pair of red leggings and a black sweater dress and slipped my black ballet slippers on. I was going for comfort tonight. I let my hair out of the bun I had done for work. It hung down past my shoulders with just enough wave to it.

I heard a whistle as I entered the kitchen. “Hey Sammy we're going for drinks. Not to find you a man.” I looked at Mully and smiled. He was always good for a boost to the ego.

I hugged him, “I am good at multitasking Mullz.” I was practically in his lap. Sean was a big teddy bear.

“Get a room you two,” Niall joked. “Actually don't. Don't have time for that. “You driving us tonight?”

I got us there with fifteen minutes to spare. We made it inside to the reserved table in the back corner. Since I was the driver I ordered Heineken first thing. I knew the rest would be non-alcoholic. Justin, Kate and a couple men I knew were apart of team Rose made it just as the waitress brought our drinks.

Kate sat next to me so we could talk while the guys talked sports or whatever else they do. I made small talk with Kate about what they were in LA for and what they were doing for the holidays.

After about an hour I hear my name called out. I look to see Justin with a huge smile plastered to his face. “Sammy, where you going on vacation?”

I gave him a confused look. Not sure where that came from, but with this group and alcohol anything was possible. “How did you know I was going on vacation?”

I talked to Mike the other day about you. Told him you needed some time off. All you did was work. Needed a proper holiday ya know.” He sounded proud of himself.

“That was you?” I asked as Niall let out an ohhhh from across the table. I looked at Niall and told him, “Piss off Neil.” That got a laugh from everyone.

Justin seemed a little confused by that. Niall told everyone about my actions earlier when I showed up at his house. I tried to hide my face because I felt like a total bitch for that. “Well I only said it because I remembered Niall saying something about you never taking time off.”

I looked back to Niall, “So it does come back to being your fault.” I knew he had a part in this one way or another.