Alone Time (continued)(smut)

Your night in alone did not turn out as you expected. You ended up with a guest, but you were not about to complain. You turn onto your side to see the bluest eyes you have ever seen. You're body had recovered, but your mind was a different story. You couldn't land on a clear thought due to the millions that made your head spin. "You ok love?" His voice brought you back to the reality of you and him.

It took you a moment to stop the whirlwind in your head. "Uh yeah sure," you closed your eyes and prayed that when you opened them it wasn't just a dream.

"Don't sound it," Niall sounded uneasy as you felt him shuffle around on the bed.

You flicked your eyes open just in time to see the distressed look on his face. A lump formed in your throat and cut off every word you wanted to say. You wanted to tell him you were great. That he was great. That the world was great for once in your life. You felt the need to let him know that you were ecstatic about what had happened. Damn the lump that cut off your ability to speak.

"Okay then," he mumbled under his breath. He slipped off the bed and ran a hand down the back of his head. He rested his hand on the back of his neck while he looked at the floor. "Sorry about," he started to apologize.

You forced the lump out of your throat, and cut him off before he could finish. "Don't say that." You managed to get out in a shaky voice. He tore his gaze from the floor and focused on your eyes. His eyes softened when they made contact with yours.

You had sat up on the bed on your knees. "Please don't say you're sorry about what just happened." He didn't say a word he just watched you. You saw the questions in his eyes. "If you say sorry then it didn't mean anything. I don't want to mean nothing to you." Your voice came out quieter than you had ever heard it.

Where did those words just come from? Did you just confess your feelings to him? Dear God what were you doing?

"You've never meant nothin' to me." His voice sounded softer than usual. You noticed the concerned look on his face. "Ya do know that don't ya Pet?"

You didn't know what to think at that moment. You knew how you felt about him. The little fantasyland you lived in from time to time where you and Niall were together. The fantasyland that nobody knew about but you. "I don-I don't know Niall."

Your honest answer caused him to flinch. "I mean I know we're friends. But other than that I don't know what to think." You sat back on your feet and remembered you were naked in front of him having this conversation. You tried to cover yourself with the sheet. Your confidence from earlier had disappeared and left you vulnerable.

"What was this? Why did-I mean," you stopped trying to get the words in some type of order. You wanted to ask what happened to bring all of this on? You and Niall had always been close in your friendship. What had just transpired between the two of you took a huge step past friendship; to you it was a huge deal.

"Don't guess I could blame it on the drink can I?" Niall dropped his gaze to your bare thigh then back to your face. You noticed the tinge of red on his neck and face. He swiped his hand over his face and dropped it to his side.

"Don't think either of us could," you reply not exactly sure what to expect. You can't help but look him over. Those training days with Mark made it hard to look away from his lean muscles. You watched his muscles flex and roll with each movement he made.