"I would've stayed home"

"Hurry up Y/n, chicken wings wait for no one!"

Jacob yells over dramatically as he peeks his head into the doorway of your room. He smiles noticing you were wearing a shirt he gave you as a gift for your one year anniversary. After all it had been just over a year you'd been together.

"What a cutie"

He flirts as you grab your phone and walk out the room with him trailing behind you. He starts talking excitedly about what he planned to order on the car ride there, which made you laugh because you knew he had been looking forward to it. Tonight a bunch of your friends had decided to meet up at one of your favorite restaurants, and Jacob, who had been busy in the studio for a while, was really excited for some normal interaction time. When you arrived, Jacob parked the car and took your hand as you crossed the street.

"Pull your shirt up, there are guys other than me here"

He says with a small smile, but you knew he was being dead serious.

"Why, you bought it"

You smirk and he rolls his eyes murmuring something about how he regrets it as he held the door for you.

"Thanks J"

You say over enthusiastically placing a kiss on his cheek. He just smiles and nods as you walk towards the area where they seat people.

"Table for two?"

The employee asks. You shake your head no.

"There's actually a huge group of people-"

"Oooooh, back there"

The employee chuckles pointing towards the large table they must have sat your friends at. Jacob thanks her as you head in that direction. He reaches over you from behind and adjusts your shirt to where he saw fit.

"Your hypocritical"

You joke and he throws his hands up in defense.

"Can you blame me? That view is for my eyes only"

As you round the corner, the laughter and chatter of your friends fills your ears, and you smile knowing you were about to have a good time.

"Y/n!"

Mark was the first person to hail you out, drawing everyone else's attention. You give him a small wave.

"I'm here too y'know"

Jacob mumbles loud enough for only the people close by to hear. You laugh as you walk around to greet everyone, happening to catch the eyes of an all too familiar face.

"Birlem? Who invited you?"

You chuckle and he laughs as he stands up to give you a friendly hug.

"Eww it's you, if I knew you were gonna be here I would've stayed home"

He says back and you laugh before pulling away. You and Joey had broken up after a pretty long relationship, and having known him for years prior to even meeting Jacob. Your split was mutual, and everyone knew your friendship picked up right back where it left off. Of course Jacob being the person that he was, wasn't the most comfortable with that.

"Is this what you two do all the time, just insult each other"

Ariel asks jokingly. You and Joey exchange a glance.