Mood Swings

"Later Jacob, Y/n"

Mark waves you off as you walk hand in hand down his driveway to Jacobs car.

"Love you!"

Someone yells and you laugh recognizing Aaron's voice instantly.

"Love you too!"

You shout back, laughter still in your voice. Jacob gives you a look.

"What?"

"Did you really just say that"

"...um yeah"

He drops your hand and walks to the drivers side of the car without waiting for you to get in. You roll your eyes and sit down on your side as he starts the engine and pulls away. Typical Jacob, getting angry for no reason and then not wanting to talk about it. The ride home was completely silent, Jacob occasionally tapping the steering wheel was the only sound until you got back into the driveway. You go inside first, not waiting for him to catch up to you as you change and clean up for bed.

~~~

"Y/n"

You hear his voice and then see him as you look up in the reflection of the bathroom mirror.

"Oh now you want to talk"

"Look I'm sorry-"

"You always are...people say I love you to their friends all the time, it doesn't mean anything"

He sighs loudly as if deciding weather or not to say something.

"It means something to me"

"It's different Jacob"

"No it's not f*cking different!"

You sigh pulling your hair out of the loose bun it was in, in the process lifting your arm exposed more of your legs under the oversized one of his shirts you were wearing.

"I can't do this with you anymore, it's getting annoying"

You groan pushing past him to leave the bathroom as your hair naturally flows behind.

"No baby don't"

He follows wrapping his arms around your waist from behind. You sigh.

"Your get upset for no reason Jacob, your mad and then your not and it's stressing me out. I can't keep up with your mood swings anymore!"

He stays silent, his nose poking into the crook of your neck where his head was resting.

"I'm sorry...I'm trying"

He says quietly, his voice breaking at the end. He breathes in deeply, the exhale fanning over your neck as he did.

"Please d-don't leave me"

He stutters and you feel something wet fall against your skin. His tears. Another mood swing, but the few times he did cry you knew he was being sincere. You turn hugging him back as his hands run up and down your back.

"I know you are, but it's not healthy to fight so much...maybe we should just spend some time apart"

He abruptly lets go of you, pushing you away slightly.

"Fine, go"

"Wait what?"

"You obviously want to go, so do it"

"Jacob are you serious"

He breaks eye contact, leaving you standing awkwardly in the middle of the tension and silence. You turn towards the door and walk, your light footsteps padding against the floor was the only sound as you make it out into the hallway and down the stairs. Purposely walking slower than your normal speed, you didn't want to believe he actually meant it. You take a deep breath to try and fight back tears while staring at the front door. Was this really how it would end?

"Y/n wait"

You turn hearing his voice getting closer and he sound of his footsteps followed. Before you knew it he was in front of you pulling your body towards his.

"I didn't mean that and I don't want you to go, I need you here"

You keep your eyes on his shirt.

"Then why'd you say it"

"I was mad"

You sigh.

"Fine, but we need to get you serious help"

He nods.

"I'll do whatever it takes, just please don't leave me"