Combined

"EMERGENCY!"

Loren yells taking off her shin guards as she walks into the sports locker room. Everyone looks up at her, the panic on her face very evident.

"I just found out that this year they're combining all the field hockey banquets from every high school in this county"

"WHAT!"

You exclaim dramatically walking over to her. Yes you were only in a sports bra and Nike shorts, but you've been on this team for three years...who cares.

"They can't do that, each high school has to have they're own!"

"Oh they're doing it"

Loren says.

"And it gets worse"

Ariel says walking in after Loren.

"They're combining our banquet with the boys and girls lacrosse teams"

There was a loud groan of disapproval within the locker room. Although there were only two other high schools in your county, that's four more teams all up in your banquet.

"This is an absolute outrage!"

You exclaim as you finish grabbing your stuff. You had just finished your last game of the season with a win, and finding this out was definitely not how you had planned on celebrating.

"Settle down everyone!"

Your coach yells but in a nice way.

"Since our local team blabbermouths couldn't wait for me to tell you, the athletics board has decided to combine our banquets-"

She gets interrupted by more groans and indistinct chatter.

"As I was saying, look on the bright side"

"What bright side"

Someone says which makes everyone laugh.

"For starters we get a bigger banquet hall, more food, the possibility of making new friends, not to mention hot boys"

Everyone goes "oooooooo" and starts laughing.

"That's great coach, but I don't think any of us want to be friends with our rivals"

You state matter of factly.

"Well don't let this small change discourage you from having fun. Make sure you all look your best tomorrow"

She says before leaving. That night you, Loren, and Ariel had a sleepover to prepare for the awards banquet that would now involve a bunch of strangers.

~~~

"Yessssss Y/n I see your work!"

Loren chants as you walk out your bathroom and model.

"Are you kidding me, look at you two"