Connection

I think this one is really cute and it made me happy

"Mommy look!"

Your three year old daughter Mia giggles as she sticks a piece of pancake with her fork and puts it in her mouth.

"Use the other side of the fork Mia"

You chuckle and turn it around in her hand.

"Ooh"

She giggles more from across the table as she continues eating.

"Why does our child laugh at everything"

Jacob chuckles.

"Because she acts like you"

You smirk and he rolls his eyes jokingly. You were currently at home eating breakfast before you left the house. Jacob wanted both of you to be there for his album release party, and you were excited too.

"Are you done Mia"

You ask the three year old drawing shapes in the leftover syrup with her finger. She nods vigorously and licks the syrup off.

"Let's go put you in a cute outfit"

"Yay!"

Her little footsteps follow yours as you both go upstairs to finish getting ready.

Mia spins around in her dress as you give her a spritz of perfume.

"Go show daddy"

She nods and runs off.

"DADDY LOOK!"

You hear her yelling from somewhere in the house. A few minutes later his footsteps enter the room.

"Hey beautiful"

Jacob walks in wrapping his arms around your waist from behind as you fix your hair in the mirror.

"I'm so happy for you J"

You turn placing a kiss on his lips.

"Thank you baby, you and Mia are part of the reason why I do what I do"

He pecks your lips one more time.

"Let's go"

He says leading you downstairs with his hand in yours.

"Mia!"

You hear her footsteps coming from the kitchen as she runs over and takes your other hand.

"That's suspicious, what were you doing in there"

You ask her as you help her into the car seat.

"Nothing"

She says licking her finger. You shake your head jokingly, already knowing what she was up to by the very small chocolate smear on her lip.