Downhill

Caroline is in this imagine but she's younger in it so don't be alarmed.

"There it is!"

You say excitedly, your voice getting an octave higher as you let go of Jacobs hand and run to the bulletin board across the hallway, scanning the list on the blue printed paper for your name. You get to the bottom. What! There must be some mistake! You read it again and again...no you. The fall sports season was just ending, and your friend had convinced you to audition for the winter musical as a time filler. Naturally you agreed, and had been waiting all week to find the results of the auditions. Turns out the odds weren't in your favor. Jacob jogs over and wraps his arms around you from behind.

"I'm so sorry princess, I know how much you wanted this"

You sigh.

"It's ok, my singing isn't that strong anyways...field hockey is what I'm good at, maybe I should stick to it"

You say sounding defeated as the two of you walk to class. When you arrive you notice Luna dramatically reading the part you had auditioned for, the rest of her popular friends surrounding her. Now we know who stole your part.

"Guess who got the lead in the school musical"

Luna says overexcitedly, almost as if she was trying to rub it in your face. You on the other hand were in your seat minding your own business.

"Gee I don't know, you"

Jacob says with an attitude that Luna completely ignores as she continues chatting him up. You chuckle at how desperate she acted around him, any other person would take the hint and stop talking but not her. He almost always answered her with an attitude and usually avoided her, yet she still acted as if he wanted her over you. How pathetic.

"Hope you'll come see me on opening night"

"Probably not"

Jacob answers under his breath as he walks around her desk to get to his, giving you a weak smile as he walked by. Luna's eyes followed him all the way there and then stopped on you, giving you a disapproving look before turning back around, unnecessarily flipping her hair in the process.

Luna had never confronted you directly about the issue she seemed to have with you dating Jacob, although you would sometimes catch her looking at you a certain way. You return your focus to the instructions written on the dry erase board in blue Expo marker.

~~~

As your walking past the choir room on your way to lunch, you notice Luna talking to Caroline, a senior and Jacobs older sister who didn't particularly like you for whatever reason. You stop to listen to their conversation.

"Thanks for giving me the part"

Luna says.

"Of course"

Caroline says.

"I can't stand Y/n so working with her every day after school would have been a nightmare"

Luna snickers.

"Something we have in common"

You scoff quietly as you walk away. What had you ever done to piss both of them off so badly. All you wanted to do was try something different. The situation was still on your mind as you walked into the cafeteria and took your usual seat with Jacob and the rest of your friends.

"You ok?"

He asks concerned and there rest of your friends share the same expression, probably by now aware of the news.