Chapter 42

Finally, I've decided on what I will answer to Prince Fou lo. Since I can't change the fact that this is only a game, whether I fall in love or not, does not really matter now. I've finally realize my goal here. And because Prince Fou lo said those things to me, I must help him with all my capabilities.

"Yes" I said to Prince Fou lo with a smile on my face. After I said that, there is a little sting here at my left chest. Why is it?

Well, truth to be told, I've started to have feelings for Prince Ryuzenheim during the last concert, I will disregard it for the sake of Nina and Nulier. I'm a great friend right?

Prince Fou lo is so overjoyed that he pick me up and carry me like a princess then he turn around as if he won a lottery. He is so happy and can't help but to say 'thank you, I will make you happy for the rest of your life. I pledge to love you for eternity!' over and over again. Then he showered me with his sweet kiss me.

I don't know if I choose the right choice but I hope I do. Then like a wildfire, the news spread all over the Kingdom. Ayame is so furious upon hearing the news. She break things she sees and everything around her is so mess.

Prince Ryuzenheim on the other hand, he is so calm and didn't refute like Ayame did. But why I do feel disappointed? I want to cry but I can't. "Congratulations on your wedding." He said softly with a serious face and left.

Nina and Nulier congratulate me too and follow Prince Ryuzenheim afterwards. I bite my lip and I feel I lost something very important.

Shiloh is very disappointed in me. I tried to approach him but he did the same what Prince Ryuzenheim did.

I do apologize from the bottom of my heart. I know I did something outrageous but they shouldn't be like this. I thought they would understand everything but they don't. Sigh.... I cried and cried at my room. I didn't let any single person in except for Prince Fou lo.

"Shhh.... Let it out. I'm sorry Kae. But for the sake of the this Kingdom, we need to do this. Thankfully, everything is according to plan." Prince Fou lo comforted me. He is there by my side until there is no single tear left to cry on.

"Yeah... We need to fool our comrades first before others to make it realistic. Thank you." That is the only thing I can say right now. This is only for the best. The Kingdom is at stake if we didn't do something about this.

Prince Fou lo didn't leave and stay by my side until I fall asleep. He transform himself to his chibi form. Thank God he didn't do 'dream manipulation' or else I might ki.... nevermind. But I really do thank him.

--------------

Fou lo

"Kae.... "

Looking at her in her room silently with her face looking gloomy and sad, makes me feel so bad and really want to stop this acting we are currently doing right now.

Well, first of all, I do want to marry Kae from the bottom of my heart in an acceptable way but not like this. I do hate this kind of development that I do persuade Kae to be my accomplice in such an act that would expose Ayame's father.

Its like this. Before I ran away from home, I accidentally overheard Ayame's father about the real intention of our marriage. He wants me and Ayame to be wed in order to steal the throne from me. How? Simple, using his daughter, he wants to poison me to die and then he will manipulate Ayame to do the things he wants. That is what I want to prevent.

When Kae and I left the throne room and before we get back to our comrades, I decided to tell the truth to Kae in order to come up with this idea. Thankfully, Kae participated and willing to do anything to save my Kingdom.

Of course, everything is according to plan. I know Prince Ryuzenheim and Shiloh are hurt right now but my Kingdom is more important.

"Kae, just hang in there. Soon, everything will return to normal. I'm sorry for everything" I cupped Kae's face and wipes the tears that is building up on her eyes.

She smiled at me and nodded. She quietly stare at me and nudge her forehead to mine. " I know. I know. Everything will be alright"

Kae is so strong. I wish I can be like her.

On the next day, I went to Ayame's room.

"Ayame. Open the door. It's me, Fou lo"

I knock but no body answered. I knock again and again but no luck.

I tried using the window and luckily it is open. I trespass to her room and saw something unsightful. Her room is a huge mess. Everything is broken. I saw Ayame on her bed still crying with her face buried on her beloved pillow.

"Ayame"

Hearing my voice, she turn to face me. Her eyes is swollen from crying nonstop. I pitied her. I slowly approach her but she stop me.

"Don't come near me. I'm too ugly right now. Go to your beloved soon to be wife."

Then she her face again and started crying. I want to tell her the truth in order for her to realize everything that her father is behind this stupid idea of getting us married.

I just sigh and left the room. I didn't utter and single word so that she wouldn't expect anything.

I went to my father, the current King, to discuss the wedding and of course, there is Ayame's father begging the King to stop the wedding.

"Father."

"Fou lo."

"Father, I hope you will give us your blessing for our upcoming wedding."

"Nonsense! .. How can you say that casually knowing my daughter wants to marry you!"

"Correction. You are the one forcing us to get married."

"Even so! I'm just doing this for the lineage of this kingdom. Ayame so inlove with you. How can you disredard it? How can you marry a girl from the neighboring kingdom. It's against the rules!"

"Hahaha.... Against the rules? There isn't any decree in our Kingdom that marrying someone other than our people is against it. I love Kae and that is all matters."

"You!"

"Silence!" The King is furious seeing both of us arguing like a child.

"Fou lo, my child. Do you really love that girl?"

"Yes, I do."

"Alright. I will respect your decision. Now the citizens knows everything, we wouldn't not make them here any false news. Your wedding with Kae must continue."

Yes! Now everything is in place. I need to tell Kae about this.

I thank the King and immediately went to Kae who is currently at the flower garden. Now that the King gave his blessing, only one step is needed to be done.

-------------

"Shit! That damn brat! How dare you annul and disregard my daughter! Ayame!"

"Fa... Father?"

"Stop crying. You will not able to take Prince Fou lo if you continue to be like that."

"Bu...But... Fa..Father! 😭😭😭 He.... He.. He will get wed to Kae! What should I do!"

"Here. Take this. Make sure Prince Fou lo will drink this. This is your last chance to be able to be with him. Do your best."

"This! Father!"

"No buts. It is the only way."

Ayame grip the small bottle that her Ftaher gave to her.

Tonight! Your plan will be crushed, Prince Fou lo.