Chapter 3

Sakura Tree at the top of the Hill, just south to our house is the meeting place for my training. It is said that this tree is the sole survivor since the great great war cease. It symbolizes peace and bravery to all the citizen in Farrel City. They even have festival called Hanami festival which all people from various cities, towns and adventurers come together to celebrate it.

"Your one minute late" with arms in his chest and tapping his right foot, Ryu scolded me as I arrive at the meeting place.

"Huff huff huff.... Give.. me... some slack!" I replied as I catch my breath. "I run as fast as I could to be on time!"

"Do 1000 push ups as punishment" Ryu ordered.

"What! I help some old lady back on the alley before getting here! That's the reason why I'm late!"

"No excuse. I told you last night that I will be strict. Everytime you will be late, you will do 1000 push ups."

"But!!!!! Please just this once!!!" I still beg for mercy and make puppy eyes in order for him to be persuaded.

"Do it."

I stared at Ryu and tried once more but failed.

"I will not be compel by your acting. Start now so that we can do sorts of stuff for your training."

Ryu still won't budge.

I have no choice but to do it. God, give me guidance and strength!

After an hour ~

995!............. 996..............997................ Huff huff huff

998 .............. 999............ Whooooo! At last!!!! ....

1000!!!!

I finally succeeded in doing 1000 push ups. I lay down on the lawn catching up my breathing pace and watched Ryu as he ate the food I brought for lunch for the both of us. I want to scold him for eating the both of it but I don't have any strenth to do so.

For 3 months of doing nothing plus from my previous life, just leisurely spending my time for unnecessary things makes me regret everything. If I just use it for training earlier maybe now I can handle this sort of things with no problem.

Still catching my breath and daze while looking at the clear blue sky, Ryu offered me a bottled shaped bamboo container.

"Here, drink this. It is a herbal medicine that replenish your use energy and stamina and cures any pain that its in our body." Ryu explained.

I immediately get it and drink it up. It taste disgusting but I manage to swallow the fluid.

"Rest for awhile. After 10 minutes, we will start jogging from here to your house. It's not the same route you took earlier but we will do a detour. We will jog around of Farrel City from here." Ryu devilishly smiled at me.

Farrel City is one of the 5 largest city. It is located at the center. Northeast is Guindam City, Southeast is Zirkon City, Northwest Aliada City, and Southwest is Uformia City. That's the only info I got from Dad since he never set foot on one of this places. Being a blacksmith of this city is enough for him and also all of his clients already bring their preferred metals to be forge as their weapons.

"As far as I observe from you, you lack at everything. Endurance, strength, stamina and etc. I especially created this regimen for you. I guarantee, you will be a successful dual blade master in just 2 years. As your Master and you, my disciple, I promise that."

With a pinky promise and chu~ of our thumbs, a seal of promise has been made.

"Alright! Let's go!" Ryu enthusiastically said.

"But.. but!!! it's not even 10 minutes yet!"

"Don't worry. That medicine I gave you will take effect any minute from now."

After Ryu said that, I already felt something. A sudden surge of energy keeps flowing within me. Its like healing my aches around my body and gives me more stamina than I have right now.

"Your right. Okay then! Let's start jogging!" I move arms, legs and even jump to test if I regain really my stamina.

"Oh, I forgot. We will do 3 laps everyday and after that we will do some stunt training in handling your blades. We don't have enough time to idle around so bare with it." Ryu inform me and start jogging.

I was left stupefy. After a couple of minutes I regain my composure. I close my eyes and said "Kae! We need to this. For the sake of your love ones and for yourself, do this with no complaints and be successful after 2 years! Aja!" with my fist held high up to the sky, I scream with motivation.

With this I promise, I will work harder from now own. No more whining.

Thus, I followed and catch up with Ryu. We start jogging nonstop from here to overall places in Farrel City. 

FARREL CITY

I'm still wandering why Ryu always wear hood and mask when we are outside and also all these people that we pass by always shocked when they look at him and eventually bow down their heads.

I tugged Ryu's shirt and ask "Ryu, are you kind of celebrity or have a higher rank in military? All of them are giving respect as if you are some kind of a noble."

"Well it can be help when I'm that handsome you know. Even I put this mask on, my beauty still shines and radiates on them!" Ryu laugh only on his silly joke.

I make face and just sigh. Being highly on himself? Yes that's true his handsome but self praising is even worse. His out of his character.

"Your joking right? because its not even funny. Being narcissistic is a kind of illness you know." I retorted and laugh.

Somehow, we found ourselves laughing at each other. Ryu sometimes makes jokes out of nowwhere and I always opine on his jokes.

As we jog around, I didn't feel tired and just enjoy myself in jogging with Ryu. Being with him as my Master, I already accept. I hope my promise with him will not be broken.

P.S. Ryu! What we are gonna eat for lunch?!!! I'm starvingggg!!

Author's Note:

Sorry guys if this chapter is kinda boring. >_< I'm just to busy  from work and can't think properly. Please bare with me!