Chapter 7

Ryu's POV

2 weeks of hellish training I gave to Kae was a good thing. At first, she whines a lot but later on ceases her complaints and focus more in becoming stronger. In small amount of time, she master lots of techniques from me and alter it to her convenience. She grew stronger as much as before. As her master, I've always prepare healing herbs for her injuries and bruises. She is still a girl that needs to be take care of, protect her appearance and her petite body. 

As the Prince of this kingdom, I have sense of responsibilities and duties too. The King summoned me back due to urgent matter that needs to be discuss and requires my presence. Sigh.. I think I know what it is all about.

 As of now I bid farewell to them especially to Kae. I reminded her about the training and not slacking off or else she knows what I might do. 

At the Castle

Upon coming back at the castle, Illyod bombarded me mountains and mountains of unfinished papers that I neglect during my absence. The King also request my presence in the grand hall to discussed about the upcoming Hanami festival. This is an important stuff since I, the Prince, needs to be present and look for my future Queen there as what the prophecy said. My forthcoming adulthood is almost there I need to prepare for it, for the future sake of this Kingdom.

Remembering Kae's advice to me during of our training "Never to fall in love at first sight or else you will regret everything. Be acquainted to her first and get to know her better. Then decide for yourself if she is the one for you. Don't be to hasty in decisions, it your life to begin with not their's so don't be pressured.". She didn't elaborate things clearly but when I look at her eyes, I saw sadness and pain inside it. I don't know but seeing her like that prickles my heart.

Recalling that I felt somewhat at ease. I didn't feel any pressure and just go with the flow as the discussion progresses. I know it's important but I need to choose wisely. 

. . .  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Coming back at Cade's house after 1 week of finishing all the paper works and approving the upcoming Hanami festival makes me kinda happy. At last I can see Kae again. Huh? But Why I'm eager to see her?

"Welcome back Prince Ryu!" tease Eily.

"Please Eily, call me Ryu when I'm here. I need to hide my identity you know" I whined. Eily caressed my head. She's been doing this to me since when I met her. I like it when she do it to me.

Scanning around the house, I saw no sign of Kae. I went to visit Cade's workshop but she is nowhere to be found. Where were could she be?  I finished up all my work as fast as I could just for her but she's not here?

Cade saw me  and instinctively  said " Kae is not here. I given her a task to look for a soul gem for her dual blades at the Shilvien Forest." 

As soon as I heard Shilvien forest, I frantically pack up my things and immediately went north to bring back Kae alive without hearing more explanation of Cade to me. I need to be hasty or else she will end up like them. Shilvien Forest is a dangerous place for a beginner like Kae and strong monster usually lurks there undetected. She might be killed!

 I don't want to lose more important person to me! Please let me be on time!

As I run as if my life on stake at the north outskirt of the kingdom, I saw a girl walking towards on my direction with a creature which tails are 9. As our distance grew shorter, I recognize her. Her appearance is somewhat dirty, injuries everywhere on her body, and ripped clothes as if she has been caught to something dangerous.