Chapter 23

Kae's POV

"Araaa~! The ditcher has finally shows herself." Nulier said arrogantly as ever. I can't really stand it. Why does she always like that to me. And if he face the Prince, she act like a damsel in mistress.

"Well yeah~! I finally arrive. Hmm... Why? Is there any problem coming late?" I asked.

"Of course! The King was furious about you. Well, you deserve it anyway." a smirked appeared on Nulier face. She knows how to irritate me. How frustrating!

"Hmph! You ugly old hag!" I cursed through my thoughts. It's not easy to be a good decent young lady afterall!

"What's with that look? Are you looking for a fight?!" Nulier immediately take a defense stance after she sees me glaring at her.

"No... You are not worthy to fight for." After saying that, I pass by her. Seeing her in my peripheral view I saw how her face change that I insult her a little.

"YOU!!!!!" Nulier yelled.

I just ignore her this time cause we are inside the castle and I don't want to cause commotion. On other hand, Nina was waiting for me to finish talking to Nulier. After she saw me walking towards the center of the aisle, she immediately throw herself to me and hug me tightly.

"Aaaa .. Awww! Hey! Nina?"

"I just missed you Kae! You almost gone for 1 month. We thought you are dead!" Nina exclaimed.

"huh? missed me? I just trained myself like I said at that time. You shouldn't worry about me and be concern only to yourself and the Prince. Don't worry. I support for the both of you" I said to her.

Nina blushed after hearing my confession. she was so happy that she jump up to excitement and kiss my cheeks as thanks. She even went to Nulier and hug her also. Nulier avoided it that makes Nina stumble into the floor. Nulier just snob her and walks towards where I am right now. Nina just stick out her tongue to act cute and stood up herself to be presentable again because now the King, Queen and Prince are already making their way towards here.

Seeing her like that I only mutter to myself that this is really the game. The design... the characters.... the plot and events of the story is changing a little but still following the original story od the game. I'm just an outsider who just pop up to this world. Someday, maybe..... maybe I..... maybe I will go back to my own world to face the reality.

Realizing this... One thing for sure.... I need to enjoy this life... this moment that I given... the opportunity that was given to me to its fullest. I will do everything to make my wishes come true even I will fight the King or the ruler of this world.

"Ahemmm!" The King clear his throat as he stand in front of me. I'm a little bit nervous due to Nulier's  blabby mouth and  thinking about the punishment that he might gave to me. I unconsciously gulped and clench my fist to face the King. I stare at him in his eyes to see and prove that my determination to continue my journey is still prevailing upon me even though I was not able to come to the exact date of our departure.

"You already know why is this happening right?"

"Yes, Your Highness." I bow down my head to show my apology to him. I violated the Prince for not showing up. But! .. Even so! .. I need to explain to him.

"Your Highness. I know that I have violate the Prince. But in order to protect him and these two young ladies.. I need to get stronger. Actually, at that time, my dual blades had just finished and I need to properly be expert in handling them. I don't want to be a nuisance to the Prince. I just want to fight on shoulder to shoulder with him and as be a strong companion on our journey. I also hope that Nina and Nulier already trained hard for almost 1 month. 1 or 2 weeks is not enough for them since it was an abrupt wish of mine. So maybe, now, they actually gain some experiencd in combat which will be helpful to us. I hope you will forgive me Your Majesty."