Chapter 31

Kae's POV

With my signal, they both position theirselves, Nulier on my left and Fou lo on my right. I raise my right hand to command Fou lo to do something that is part of our plan.

Fou lo hastily release his fog like texture of breath that is cold as an ice to cover our surroundings. Because of the advance magic of Fou lo, Nulier and I are not affected by it and only our enemy can feel the extreme coldness that Fou lo releases now.

Within a minute, our surroundings now are covered by a cold fog, neither both sides see each other. Only our experience of detecting each other presence is the only key of this plan.

It is quiet risky knowing that we will camouflage ourselves within this thick fog. I didn't have any single experience in teaming up with Nulier but I will believe that she can do this and trust my plan. On the other hand, Fou lo and I have distinct characteristics which I already familiar with. And during our training, I've learned something about Fou lo.

I accidentally discover that Fou lo is human. But even thou I know this already, I still pretend that I don't know a thing. I want him to tell me properly in person. Besides being a human, he is a powerful magic user. He ranks as an S class. How do I know this? Simple. He use a forbidden magic during his training with me.

Flashback

That time, Zen and I are not yet in sync with each other. We were deep inside of the forest which high level monsters reside. Because of my clumsiness, I accidentally throw my precious dual blade out of nowhere and hit a huge poisonous frog.

The poisonous frog got very angry and start approaching us. When I saw it, I was startled and petrified. I can't move an inch which cause Zen to shout at me very loudly but it didn't help. I don't like frogs at all. I have a phobia with frogs.

I knew it was already too late and I can't be save anymore because that poisonous frog is already in front of me, ready to swallow me whole. I just close my eyes and pray that someone would help me.

With a nick of a second, a loud 'Kaboom!' can be heard. Due to its distractive sound, I cover both of my ears for protection. When I open my eyes, the poisonous frog who is in front of me is now crispy dead. I look around and saw Fou lo standing with four legs at a huge log at my right side. His eyes were firing with anger and with his sharp teeth hissing for that poor poisonous frog.

But when he divert his eyes towards me, he quickly calm his self and approach me slowly. His eyes now are gentle and caring as he stares at me. He nudges his head into my right leg hoping that I will pet him.

I gently caress his head and look at the poor poisonous frog and look back again to Fou lo.

"Is it you who killed that poisonous frog?" I asked dumbly to Fou lo.

Fou lo seems understands me and barks at me as a respond.

I walk towards the poisonous frog and look very closely to it. As I try to touch it, Fou lo bite my clothes and pull it saying that its dangerous to touch it. I ignore him and my hands slowly approaching the poisonous frogs body. 1 inch away, I already felt a sharp shooting cold pain. I flinch and suddenly a phenomenon happened.

The slimy poisonous body of that frog is slowly releasing a light, prickling, cold ice as it looking for an exit. 3 minutes later, the frogs body is now covered with ice. I tried smaching it with my hands but it is hard as a diamond.

"What happened?" I have no idea what Fou lo did but I know for sure that it is something to do with him.

When I got back at Farrel Kingdom after my training, I immediately went to there library and search for something. I went to magic section and look for ice element. There I found out that Fou lo used a forbidden magic called "Infinite Coldness" that can only be used by a rank S class magic user.