Chapter 13

Kae's POV

Soon after I wake up, I saw Fou lo laying down in my bed beside me. I just smiled and watch him sleep soundlessly. Before long, he woke up and I caress his head. He really likes it when I do that. As a return, he licks me as a good morning greeting.

"Where did you go last night? I'm looking for you but you are also nowhere to be found as that jerk." I said while still wondering where he would went at middle of the night. And I suddenly remember the incident that I supposedly conceal within my memory. I curl up in my bed covering me up by my blanket as I recollect the incident. Fou lo nudges his head and tried to snatch the blanket away from me but he failed. 

"Fou lo. Stop it. Please" I beg Fou lo and he listen to me. Thankfully he understands me.

He accompany me until I finally find my resolve in my problem. I get up and pick up Fou lo as I raise him high up in the sky. "Fou lo! I will do my very best to live at peace here! I finally found the place where I truly belong. I don't want them to be my hindrance to my happy life here. I will not get bothered anymore by my surroundings and I will held my head high so that no one will ever mocked me like what happen last night! I promise!" 

Thinking about what happen last night won't do anything good to me. I need to cheer up and boost my confidence.

"Woof! Woof! Woof!" Fou lo also agreed to me.

I get up and walk out to my room. "Good morning Mom and Dad!" I greeted them as usual. I saw Ryu sitting down at the couch drinking his favorite milk tea. He then face me as he gonna sip his tea. He somewhat gonna say something but I just walk bypass him, ignore him and didn't even bother to listen to what he was going to say.

I'm still mad at him ditching me at the Hanami festival! 

Fou lo soon walk out of my room and followed me wherever I go. While looking at Fou lo who is in front of me playing catch ball, I observe that his white fur is turning to white gray. And I realize, since the day I brought him here, he didn't even take a single bath even once.

"Fou lo... Looking at you now seems different at the first time I saw you. Your fur is quiet dark now. Come with me into the bathroom, were gonna take a bath together" I propose to Fou lo.

Fou lo becames red immediately and quickly tries to escape within my grasp. "FOU LO!" He soon run away from me and I tried to run after him. He sure is fast!

Ryu saw me and find it ridiculous as I catching up with Fou lo.

"What are you doing?" Ryu asked.

"Can't you see? I'm catching Fou lo so that we can take a bath together. He has not been taken a bath yet since coming here." I replied.

Ryu seems shocked to what I said and begins to approach and grab my arm tightly.

"Ouch!"

" NO! I refuse. I will take Fou lo to the bathroom instead." Ryu become flustered and strongly object about the idea of Fou lo taking a bath with me. What's wrong in taking a bath with my pet?

"His not your pet. I'm the one who is responsible of doing that." I retorted. "And I'm not like someone else who ditch me at the Hanami festival last night. I'm a responsible person you know."

"Ah! Fou lo! Come back here!!!" Fou lo quickly use our quarrel time to escape from my sight.

I glare at Ryu saying "It's your fault that Fou lo got away!"

Mom and Dad saw our quarrel and just laugh at us. "Stop that quarrel of yours Kae, get ready for breakfast." Mom said after she finished cooking.

"Haiii~!" I set the table and help Mom clean the kitchen. Ryu also assist me without talking to each other.