𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈.

Episode 19 - Killer Bees, Really?

ϟ

B A R R Y

I rolled over and reached out to turn off the buzzing on my alarm as it goes off. I turned back over and stretched my arms out and turned to face Caitlin beside me. She's so beautiful, adorable, and cute. She had a small smile on her face and was drooling a little bit on the pillow. I'm so glad she's in my life. I kiss her on the cheek and get ready for the day.

T H I R D   P E R S O N

Caitlin re-enters the room reading off the chemical breakdown in the victim's blood sample on her tablet.

"Death by apitoxin" she informed the rest of the team as she stopped to lean against the desk facing everyone.

"Honey Bee venom," Sophia muttered. "That's a new one."

"Bees... why'd it have to be bees?" Cisco said.

"Indiana Jones really?" Sophia rolled her eyes.

"It's a classic," Cisco said.

"Come over to my house and I'll show you a real classic."

"But when a honey bee stings the stingers are literally torn out from their abdomen and they die," Caitlin added after clearing her throat.

"But there were no stingers in the body. And no dead bees in the car." Barry told them.

"A honey bee can only deposit 1 milligram of apitoxin when it releases its stinger." She stated.

"And yet Miss Kang was found with enough venom in her system to kill a herd of elephants. It appears not only is a metahuman controlling these bees but also increasing their toxicity." Wells added to the conversation.

From the corner of her eyes, Caitlin noticed as Barry shifted uncomfortably. Caitlin knew something was eating away at him. But Caitlin bit down on her bottom lip and continued to keep a cautious eye on Barry.

"Bees communicate by releasing pheromones maybe this meta is controlling them through secretion," Barry said bluntly as he avoided Dr. Wells' intent gaze.

"Anyone want to join me in getting a beekeeper suit?" Cisco proposed.

"I'm pretty sure I can outrun a bee," Barry replied with a smirk.