𝐗𝐈.

~ Rooftop of Jitters ~

"You need to stop writing your blog," Barry said.

"People need to know that you exist!" Iris persisted.

"You're not hearing me!"

"My hearing is fine... It's just selective." she smiled.

"This isn't a laughing matter you could get hurt or worse death," he warns.

Barry knew she wasn't going to back down she was stubborn but he just has to keep an eye on her and see just how much she knew. It was the only way he could keep his promise to Joe and keep her safe.

The sound of sirens alerts them.

"To be continued?" she quizzed.

"Be back in a flash."

~ S.T.A.R. Labs ~

"Barry!?" Caitlin cried.

Barry was lying unconscious on the ground in a pool of his blood.

"Barry? Baby? Are you okay?" she placed her hand on his knee and he groaned. Her heart was pounding wildly in her throat, and black spots were starting to spring before her eyes.

"Caitlin! Breathe! We are not going to be able to help Barry if you have a panic attack!" Sophia calmed her.

With the help of Cisco and Sophia, she moved him to a med bed trying not to hurt him too badly. He groaned at every step anyway, and she felt her stomach clench. Who could have done this to him?

Caitlin took his blood pressure and hooked him up to a heart monitor. Then she took an x-ray. "Oh my.." Caitlin trailed off. "What happened to him?"

Cisco stared at the screen. "I'm not even a doctor and that looks bad."

She set his bones one after another, trying not to hear Barry's pained whimpers. Eventually, he passed out fully, and that made it a little easier. She couldn't give him any drugs; his metabolism would burn right through them.

"Hey, Bub. Welcome to the land of the living." Cisco grinned.

Barry blinked. "What?" He glanced at Caitlin. "Did I break something?"

"Ha good one" Caitlin muttered dryly.
"Yeah, just a little. 13 fractures, that's a new record, and that's just in your hand," Caitlin told him, tightening the hand brace. "You also have a concussion, 3 cracked ribs, and a bruised spleen. Even with your powers... you'll need a few hours to heal."

Barry nodded. "What exactly did you hit?" Harrison asked the question they were all wondering.

"A man," Barry said croakily. "A big, bad man. Every time I punched him he seemed unfazed like... a man of steel."

"So, you're telling me you fought Superman and survived," Sophia said.

"No. It was a different man of steel. His skin changed when I hit him. Like, it turned to metal."