"Bye Irving." I sang sweetly, knowing that me calling him that name would make him smile even though I know he'll deny that fact. We reiterated our goodbyes to each other before hanging up. I laughed, putting my phone in one of the pockets in my purse. I removed my keys from the ignition and held them in my hand as I opened the car door. I got out of my car that was now parked in my parents' driveway among two other cars, one I didn't recognize. As I pressed the lock button on my car key, I saw the blinds flutter a little by the window next to the front door.

Weird.

On the other hand, I was looking cute today. My baby hairs came through, my highlighter is making me glow, and I wore my long lost hoop earrings I got for Christmas a few years ago.

I slipped on my round white sunglasses for a minute since the sun is still shining bright outside, while I walk up this long walkway. Sunset isn't for another hour.

Every time I tread on these stepping stones, I smile at the old blue oak tree that has the same tire swing I sat on everyday after school when I was young. Sometimes, I miss my childhood where I didn't have responsibilities and had my parents provide everything I needed or wanted. Even though I make enough money, my head hurts every time I have to spend a couple of hundred dollars. But not for Lozza and now Joshua, nothing is too much for the kiddies.

I reached the front door and knocked on it with a random beat. It was almost immediately opened by Damson.

Am I at the right house?

I took a step back to look at the house number next to the door, 408, as I took the shades off my face.

"Hello to you too." He greeted.

"Hey Damson. What's up?" I stepped inside with a little hesitation because I didn't know if this was a trap or not. I'm starting to think he lives here with all the stories of him coming over.

"Nothing much. I was wondering when you would get here."

"For what? I didn't know we had an appoint—."

"Mommy!" I heard Lozza yell as I heard her thumping footsteps approach me with Joshua running behind her. They hugged my legs and I crouched down to wrap my arms around them. I brushed back her hair with my left hand and gently pinched his cheeks with my right.

"Did you guys have fun today?"

"Yes. We make flowers." It sounds so cute when she says yes because she adds that little h sound like she's telling someone to be quiet.

"You planted flowers." I corrected her. "Do you like the garden?" I faced Joshua.

"Pretty colors." I smiled, wiping the corner of his mouth with my thumb. It was a red sauce, which I suspect is salsa or ketchup.

"Good job. Where's Grandma?" Lozza pointed towards the kitchen and the two of them led me in that direction. I'm glad they're getting along.

"Hey sis." My most annoying older brother welcomed me as I saw him sitting by the island, eating as usual.