"Likewise. You have beautiful soft hands." Jenny examined Maia's palms.

"Thank you." She giggled, looking at me and I just shrugged.

"Jenny, did you come with your book so Maia can have a look and get an idea of what she would like?"

"I did. Let me get it, so I can start getting set up."

"I'm thinking of pink coffin nails; no crazy designs or anything."

"With Jenny, you have to take it up a notch. Have a look and see if anything catches your eye. If not, your idea still sounds good."

"Okay." Maia switched on the tv for the kids and sat in a chair near Jenny's station that I was in front of. Jenny got started on my nails, taking off the old to give room for the new. "These are beautiful and all have crystals." She commented.

"Jenny is the Queen of Bling. Nobody compares to her."

"I'm tempted to make a few adjustments to what I want to get." I already knew that was going to happen. When she was done looking at the portfolio, Maia went to play with the children. I couldn't help but beam as I watched them. I love when I see parents interact with their kids, but it sometimes it makes me nervous because I'm not sure how good of a mother I'll be in the future.

After nearly two hours, my hands were shining from all of the gems.
*************************************************

Maia

"I think there's a McDonald's on the next block. We could walk up there if that's okay with you." Benita uttered as she let go of the door after we exited Ulta Beauty. After we got our nails done, the four of us came to the mall to shop around. Benita came to get her Milani foundation and some other things. I picked up some makeup remover wipes and rose water. The only reason I don't come here often is the fact they don't carry Fenty Beauty products. I have to go to Sephora for them.

"I'm fine with the idea. It will take us forever to get out of the mall's parking garage. Plus, Mickey D's is like the only fast food place I go to other than Raising Cane's."

"Girl, that place is the bomb. They know to make chicken."

"Mhmmm." I agreed, scratching the corner of my nose because it was itchy but I also held my hand a certain way. Whenever I get a manicure, it's like I can't put my hands down. They don't hurt, but I enjoy flaunting them.

It's a bad habit, I know.

"My girl got her nails done and doesn't know how to act anymore

"My girl got her nails done and doesn't know how to act anymore."

"I can't help it. Jenny did an amazing job. I might have to steal her from you." I pushed the double stroller to the mall entrance as we went to go eat lunch.

"Hold on. She didn't give me the receipt. Wait for me." Benita searched the bag before excusing herself to go back to the store.

"Okay." I took the time to check on the kids. I fixed Lauryn's baby hairs and ran my fingers through Joshua's cornrows that have him looking fresh.