Don't get it twisted; I don't like drama like some popular makeup gurus on YouTube.

I closed the door after I saw him drive off. I made sure that the living room was in order and that the house smelled good. I don't know why I'm acting so nervous; I guess it's because I rarely invite people to my house. I just get a good vibe from her. I told her to come at 10:00; I'm kind of hoping that she arrives before I sit down because I don't want to get up again. As I paced back and forth, I heard the doorbell ring. I know that it's not the package I'm expecting from Amazon because the delivery driver had 30 stops before reaching my house the last time I checked. I rushed to open the door and saw my three guests waiting patiently: Maia, Lauryn, and Joshua.

"Hey Maia and you little cuties." I hugged her and gently pinched their cheeks.

"Hey Benita. Say hello to Miss B."

"Hi Miss B!" The two angels said in unison.

"Come in. I hope it wasn't difficult for you to get here."

"No. The address looked familiar when you sent it to me. That's when I remembered that I came around this neighborhood once when I was looking for a house. The one the realtor showed me was nice, but it didn't have a big backyard yard like I wanted."

"I don't have to worry about that when I eventually move out of this place into Kobe's because he has one. I don't know what I was thinking when I got this place."

"Is it because of those stairs outside?" She smirked.

"Yes. They didn't really bother me at first, but as I continue to live here and I have to trudge up the stairs after a long day, it doesn't get easier."

"My legs ache no matter how many steps there are. Before I forget, I brought you this. I didn't know if you already ate or not." Maia handed me a black to go plate, which I opened to discover pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, and hash browns. This kind gesture makes me want to dance.

"You don't know how much this means to me. I am starving even though someone volunteered to make me breakfast in bed this morning." We all sat down on the couch and I dug into the food.

"Awww, you're so lucky."

"Yeah right. Kobe's eggs had a desperate need for flavor and he tried to fool me into believing that he cooked those waffles himself. The best part of that meal was obviously the maple syrup."

"Well, it's the thought that counts. He'll get better with time."

"The clock is ticking on his a–butt." I corrected myself, remembering that the kids are here.

"So what do you have planned for us today?"

"I thought we could get our nails done. Don't worry, we won't have to go to a spa and experience all those smelly fumes because my favorite nail tech is coming here with her odorless supplies."

"Oh, you got it like that?"

"Trust me honey. I got connections." I winked.

"That must be her." We heard the doorbell ring. I went to the door and let Jenny in with all of her equipment.

"You look great Jenny." She looks so radiant. I noticed how people of Asian descent look younger than their real age. I guess it's because of what they eat and do to live healthy, stress free lives.

"So do you."

"Jenny, this is my friend Maia. Maia, this is my one and only nail tech, Jenny."

"Nice to meet you."