Chapter 15 - Rosie

Start from the beginning

Marcus was leaning against the kitchen counter in dark grey sweatpants and a black thick strapped tank top when I got there. He was eating something, and he threw one at me before walking past me and down the hall. 

"Good morning to you, too," I said. He grunted and I looked down at the protein bar he had given me. I hated these. They always tasted like powdered, processed, disgusting chocolate. A kind of chocolate that should be made illegal in every country across the world. 

I noticed that he was carrying a black duffel bag with him down the hall. We walked until we almost reached Luis's office before he turned right and opened a door. I saw stairs that lead downwards. 

"You're taking me to the basement?" I asked.

"Do you want to learn how to fight or not?" he retorted. Even as I walked down the stairs, I threw a sarcastic comment his way. 

"I never said I wanted to learn from your torture victims." I was presently surprised to see that the basement was actually one very large gym and firing range. There were other parts that I was sure I couldn't see from the sheer size of it all, but for the most part, it didn't look like I would be finding any dead bodies down here. 

Marcus walked to the left, putting the bag down on the inside of a large circle that had been painted on a mat. I hesitantly followed him, no longer having to stifle yawns because of too many emotions like confusions and slight fear raging through me. 

I decided to try and make conversation instead of letting it continue to be awkward, "Why did you decide to help me?" I asked.

I watched as he got two sets of boxing gloves out of the bag, along with tape before he answered me, "You said it was important to you. I don't want to have to be worrying about my friends and family along with you if anything should happen." Ouch. I wasn't in either of those categories it seemed.

"Come here," he said. 

"Please?" I asked, and dropped it when I received an icy glare. He grabbed one of my hands, clearing his throat before starting to wrap the tape around my knuckles. He then slid the glove over my hand and tightened the wrist band. Soon, he had done the same to himself and was facing me. 

"I don't know how long your stay here is going to be, so I figured we could start with the basics: hand to hand combat and body motion."

"What are the boxing gloves for then?" 

"So you don't hurt your hands when you punch me. Don't worry, we won't be using them for long," he replied. Then he gave me a right hook, at least, he was going to before he stopped. "Good to know, you don't have any sort of reaction at all." 

I let the anger in me fire up at his words as he continues with whatever he was trying to teach me. I will say, when he told me to punch him, I was pretty sure I was the happiest person in the entire world. 

"Harder," he said. I tried again, and he blocked it again with his arm. "Harder," he said with a little more force behind him. I tried again, punching harder though he still deflected it. "Rosie HARDER!" he said. I didn't punch at all because of the eruption that happened in my stomach when he called me Rosie. 

The next moment I knew, he had pinned me on the mat and was staring at me in the eyes, "If you aren't going to take this seriously then I am not going to be wasting my time with you," he said angrily. 

"I AM taking this seriously," I yelled at him. 

"You won't even try to punch me like you would punch Newman if you ever saw him again."

At the mention of Newman's name, and seeing his face again, I pushed against Marcus with all the might I had and actually threw him up and off of me. I swung at him, hard enough that he actually had to doge and not just block my punch. I kicked him in the side, momentarily putting him off balance but then he was right back on. 

"Newman, huh? Good to know," he said. He started undoing his boxing gloves, "We're done for today."

"Right when I actually start to get somewhere you want to stop?" I said in disbelief. 

"Roseilin, we've been at this for two hours," he said, coming over and undoing the boxing gloves and putting them back in his bag. "Go eat something, shower, and get a little more sleep before the days starts." Even though he was still ordering me around, he was doing it with a little less assholeishness. It was something. 

I walked away without saying anything, passing the kitchen and going straight for my room and took a quick shower, jumping back into bed and laying there. I didn't notice how much I had used my muscles until I was lying there, thinking about how he had said the nickname that I had never let anyone but my father use.

N/A  I don't know what I love so much about this chapter, but at the same time, I know how much I love this chapter. Leave any comment you would like I would love to know what you guys think. Love you :)