Intro: What Am I To You (I'm not uncomfortable...you can be yourself around me)

Start from the beginning

"Ah you got help from Yoongi hyung?? That's good. At least he isn't ignoring you," you two chuckled.

"Why don't you go get your lyrics and you can sit here and work and we can just bounce ideas off each other??" Namjoon suggested. You nodded and ran back to Jungkook's room for your shiteu.

***

"Hmmm....I want it this love," Namjoon muttered under his breath. You looked up, not quite hearing him.

"Hmm?"

"Oh it means I want this love," he said (A/n: he said this sentence in Korean for all of those who didn't get this part. U know who u are lol.)

You giggled.

"I know, I just didn't hear you clearly. I know what I want it this love means,"

"Do you know English?" he asked. You nodded.

"That's cool. How did you learn it?" he asked, curious.

"Well, I'm from America," you smiled sheepishly.

"Really?!" he asked, his eyes going wide with surprise.

"Mhm, my entire childhood was there and then my family and I moved here in my late teens after I was done high school. So English is a must for me," you explained.

"Ah that's so cool. I learned English by watching...you know the sitcom F.R.I.E.N.D.S.?"

You nodded with a raised brow.

"Well my mom bought all the seasons and made me watch them. I picked up English from there,"

"WOAH!! Namjoon-sshi that's amazing!! English is such a complicated language and to learn it like that is so impressive!!" you praised, clearly very impressed. He smiled bashfully, dimples appearing as he looked down.

"Well don't worry Leader Mon, you're still going to be the one to talk in English for all those interviews," you laughed nudging him playfully. He smirked.

"Leader Mon?"

"Yup," you smirked back and the two of you chuckled.

"Now Ms.English, why don't you help me out? What goes with I want it this love?"

***

After listening to the music hundreds of times and multiple lines being written and crossed out, both you and Namjoon had finally come up with the completed version of DNA. You were quite proud of yourself. Though Namjoon had written the majority of it, you had come up with the outro, which the elder male said was very nice.

(A/n: Everything in bold is what has been added/new lyrics written by you two)

DNA Lyrics

At first sight, I could recognize you

As if we were calling for each other

The DNA in my blood vessels tell me

That it's you I was looking all over for

Our meeting is like a mathematical formula

Commandments of religion, providence of the universe;

The evidence of destiny given to me

You're the source of my dream