Tej was truly ashamed this time. He left the room, and Jahnvi followed, as Shivaay had asked everybody to assemble downstairs. 

Jahnvi stopped to look at Om, and patted him on the shoulder sadly.

Had Gauri left? thought Omkara as he rushed to his bedroom. Shivaay was calling everybody to assemble in the hall in some time, but Omkara ignored that. 

Gauri was in the bedroom, the suitcase in her hand, ready to leave. 

"Kahi jaa rahi ho?" (Are you going somewhere?), asked Omkara.

Gauri wasn't expecting him, maybe she thought she could sneak away while he was busy with what Shivaay had to announce to the family. 

"Chiraiyaa aur kaha jaayegi, vaapis apne ghosle mein (Where else will the bird go, back to her nest). I'm going back to Dandi bhaiyaa's house. Where he is waiting for me" replied Gauri.

And what about me? thought Omkara but didn't voice it.

"Jana...zaroori hain?" (Is it necessary to go?) asked Omkara. 

"There is no reason to stay. I came here to help Annika bhaujaai, and I did what I could. My work here is over" Gauri sighed.

"And if I say don't go? Stay?" asked Omkara, hesitantly. 

Gauri looked at him surprised, and sad. 

"For what? And why?" Gauri asked. She desperately wanted for Omkara to give some answer to this question. After last night, they both couldn't pretend that there was nothing. 

Kuch toh hai tere mere darmiyaan (there is something between you and me), thought Omkara, but how to say to her. 

"Maybe I was wrong in understanding you, Gauri" said Omkara, not finding the right words to express what he was feeling. 

"You never understood me, Omkaraji, because you never tried. And that has been the greatest, and perhaps the only, truth of our equation" said Gauri sadly. 

She was right, Omkara thought. He had always tried to 'figure' Gauri out, what she is thinking, why she is doing what she is doing. He had never tried to let her be, let her live, his own distrust of her had made her conscious. He had never sincerely tried to know her. 

Gauri was about to cross the threshold of the room, when Omkara held her hand. She stopped and hardening herself up for what he had to say, she turned around. 

"I'm sorry, for all the bitter things I said, and all the preconceived, half formed notions I held

"I'm sorry, for all the bitter things I said, and all the preconceived, half formed notions I held. But I want to know who is Gauri? Not the one I met in Bareilly, not Chulbul, but who is Gauri? Ab toh ruk jaayo (Please stay)" Omkara said his piece. 

Gauri reflected for a moment. She didn't know what to say to this. 

Omkara took this as her considering his request, and added, "You believe a lot in your Shankarji, maybe...maybe you can ask him, maybe he will tell you?"