"What exactly does this mean?" Esme asks tentatively.

"It means the Volturi should fear us! Remember when the entire guard came? They brought Jane and Alec, the two of them alone would have destroyed us had it not been for Bella. But now, we have Henry who can use both Jane's AND Alec's powers, plus he has his own shield that he'll copy from Bella!" Edward thrills admiration in his voice. And for once, my family doesn't look at me like they need to protect me; they look at me with pride and admiration.

"Wait! Does that mean Henry is stronger when he's around me?" Emmett asks, with a wicked grin.

"It might," Rose ventures, smiling wide.

"You know what, Rose? Henry is even more achingly beautiful here. When he was without you, he looked like an angel, but now, he looks like a god!" Tanya continues, making me blush again.

"Carlisle!" I exclaim, suddenly remembering, "is Kain alright?"

Carlisle has a warm smile on his face. "Yes, Kain is alright, Henry. And the first thing he asked when he regained consciousness is whether you were alright."

"Okay, am I the only one confused by this?! Don't you two hate each other?" Emmett asks, flustered.

I shrug, "I don't know. Castella killed a human. Kain is supposed to save human lives, right? Plus, he did kind of save me. Had he left me there with Julian, I probably wouldn't be alive right now. Oh! Speaking of Julian, he left me a warning." I mumble.

"What did he say?" Tanya asks, enraged.

"He said it isn't over...he said he'll be back with the Volturi. I think that's the key point that's missing now. Alice should have a vision the moment Julian gets to the Volturi. And...I think I was wrong...I assumed Cas was supposed to be my mate. But I had a pretty good look in her mind today. She was toying with me. She and Julian are mates. I think they're part of the Volturi," I continue, not exactly sure how to proceed.

"You think they are part of the Volturi? Why?" Edward asks sharply, his brows furrowed. He begins pacing again. He's going to wear the wooden floor down if he doesn't calm down.

"She kept thinking about her 'master'? And every time she thought the word, his face would appear in her mind. Do the guards call Aro master?" I ask, hoping beyond hope they say no. Instead, Edward just gives me a curt nod. Great!

"I also think I know why I was so smitten by her. Her talent...is much like Jasper's. But instead of controlling the emotions, she controls the ties. As in, she made me attached to her, in love with her. After I had been knocked back...I knew I had to stop Cas. But instead, I had this sudden urge to attack and kill Kain." I mumble, again to the floor.

"How about Julian? What is his power? Why was he chosen out of everyone else in the guard to make contact with us?" Jazz asks, his brows furrowed too.

"I don't know. I was too panicked to get a read on him. So I guess we have to assume he's got a talent that would have made it necessary for him to have come, right?" I ask.

"Not necessarily. Seems to me that Castella gift was the one used to entice you. Julian is her mate. Naturally, he would come too, to protect her," Garrett continues, speaking for the first time since coming here.

"What now?" I whisper to no one in particular. And for once I'm greeted by silence.

"I can't see a thing!" Alice suddenly explodes, running up the stairs. Jazz is a blur as he runs after her. I hear their bedroom door close, and a string of mumbles proceed.

"What's wrong with her?" Bella asks, confused.

"She's disappointed," Edward and I murmur at the same time. I notice his glower and quickly duck my head. Note to self; don't mirror anyone's powers!