Chapter 5

Hey you guys! Please keep voting and commenting! It means a LOT! Like seriously, a LOT! The stories made the 'What's Hot' list!!!! Number 463, but stilll!!!!

Thanks so much for the support!

xoxo

>> Renesmee >>

---------- Chapter 5 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is so unfair! I'm coming!" I scream to no one in particular. It's just your typical day in the Cullen household.

"Your mother would rip my head off if anything happens to you! Metaphorically, of course, since Nessie can't even reach my shoulder!" Emmett booms in his rich, bass voice.

I roll my eyes and walk towards the forest. Fine, if they aren't going to take me, I'll go myself! How hard could hunting be?! I'm not a child anymore! I'm a freaking vampire/shape-shifter/human! What could a little buck do to me?!

I hear Jazz and Em murmuring behind me. They accidentally let it slip that they were going hunting. I asked to join them, they said no, and here I am! Mum says I get my stubbornness from Bella. Which isn't entirely fair, I think Bella is pretty reasonable. Edward is the stubborn one. And hey, what chance did mom have? She's even worse than Edward!

I studiously ignore my grand-uncles, and continue through a small path in the forest. I strain my senses, and eventually I hear hoofs, landing rhythmically. I smile to myself and bound off after the buck. No way am I settling for a smaller animal! Let Jazz and Em find a little jack rabbit and suck it dry!

The moment I begin running, Jazz and Em do too. But I'm faster than them, so I manage to keep my lead. Then the sound of the hoofs stop. I sniff the air delicately; nope, it's still in front of me. I stealthily climb up a tree, and watch the buck lap up some water. Even better! It's distracted.

Just as I'm about to leap, I hear the rustling of leaves coming from somewhere above me. I turn my head up, before a flash of white springs at me. I fall off the tree, face-first with a deafening thud, scaring the buck away. But the buck is the least of my troubles.

"HELP!" I shout out before I feel a sickening crunch on my leg. I turn around and come face-to-face with a beautiful, angelic face. "Get off me, man!"

"Oo, the little half-blood doesn't want to play?" the melodic voice sneers at me.

My leg has already healed itself, so I use it to kick the filthy vampire off me.

"Julian!" Castella screams from somewhere behind me. She leaps onto Julian and pins him down. She whispers something to him, and he nods

reluctantly. He walks over to me and holds out his hand, offering to pull me up. I spit at the ground near him and get up myself, glaring at him.

Jazz and Em stand further away, watching us.

"Gee, sorry man! I was just playing around...I didn't know you were so fragile," Julian sneers again. I narrow my eyes at him and take a step forward, right up in his face. That's when I notice his ice blue eyes from school this morning, is no more a blue. In fact, it's a deep red; he's hungry.

I glance over at Castella; her eyes are a golden-brown. A colour I'd become used to. "Cas? You're a vegetarian too?" I ask, falling back to the family joke of being vegetarians.

"Yeah! I'm trying to get Julian to try it...but he's proving quite stubborn," she giggles, the sound all bells. Needless to say; I'm dazzled.

Julian pokes his hand out, looking bored. I take his hand for a fraction of a second then pull back. I'm only doing this for Castella, I repeat to myself, over and over again.