6 - e p i p h a n y

Start from the beginning

Yoongi didn't want to go back to the sanctuary. No one liked him, he was constantly by himself, and he couldn't face the fact that he was tired of being alone.

Most hybrids are able to go out and live on their own when they turn 18. They are provided an apartment in a hybrid populated area so that they'd feel more comfortable. They'd often send them off with a nice check and a pamphlet of jobs hiring hybrids so that they can adjust to life outside the sanctuary.

However, Yoongi was a special case.

Since he was three, he was deemed as a "danger to civilization", because of what they said "his temper and actions are not of normal hybrids like him." Yoongi didn't see anything wrong with him, but apparently everyone else did.

Except for his old master.

Anyway, in order for Yoongi to be able to have an outside-of-the-sanctuary life, he'd have to find an caretaker. Someone who can watch over him and make sure he's not disturbing the peace of the world and make sure he takes his medicine and attends his monthly therapy sessions.

Yoongi's 25 now, which means he was waiting for 7 years to be free and for someone genuine come around and accept him. A couple of people tried to be his caretakers, and he's been through different types of scenarios. Like hybrid traffickers, people who wanted to keep him as a slave, and much more.

But Hoseok seemed different.

He seemed to genuinely be interested in Yoongi and all Yoongi has been doing is being a burden. Arguing and bad mouthing, talking about and hurting Jimin's feelings. All things that no one would want to be around.

Yoongi can't help it, though. All his life he was feared and talked about for an unknown reason. Something that everyone knew but not him. It often hurt his self confidence when he thinks too much about it, which he tried not to do. He usually channels his pain and sadness into anger. It just seemed easier to handle it that way.

As of now, Hoseok was given a total of two weeks as a trial period with Yoongi. If he decided he wanted to keep him, then he would sign the paperwork and mail it back to Daegu. If not, he would simply have to give the sanctuary district a call and they'll have Yoongi back in Daegu by the next day.

The hybrid stared at his reflection in the mirror, dark hair stuck out everywhere and black ears laid down on his head. He didn't cry, no, he wouldn't cry over something like that. But he did feel a bit upset. He sighed and dried his face with a towel. He felt like he needed to apologise. Though he also felt like he did nothing wrong, he still felt guilty for certain things.

Yoongi ran a hand through his hair as he walked down the steps of the condominium. He immediately picked up on the smell of pizza and then Jimin's scent. He hadn't become familiar enough with the hybrid to know his scent but he could recognize whenever the scents in the condo change.

Once he walked fully into the living room, he saw the two figures cuddled up on the couch in a blanket, presumably asleep with the hybrid on the human's chest. They seemed comfortable and Yoongi didn't want to interrupt them so he just sat down silently on the other end of the couch and stole slice of pizza from the box next to him. He then turned on some Lifetime movie and leaned against the arm of the couch.

After about a half hour of watching some crazy chick stab her friend, he got bored.  Unconsciously, his eyes slowly traveled to Hoseok and Jimin, who were still asleep and cuddling, making Yoongi grimace in disgust.

Affection was something he had always witnessed but hardly ever felt. He didn't like people touching him, the thought of being cuddled or hugged may seem comforting to others but Yoongi just thought it was uncomfortable and strange. He also always thought that maybe it was because no one dared to ever attempt to touch him so that's why he was closed off, but he also always thought that maybe it's just how he sees things.