34- m a r t i n i

Unedited

Yoongi's eyes flutter open at the feeling of a hand brushing through his hair. He opens them to the sight of Hoseok's concerned, mocha colored ones. He squeezes them closed when Hoseok's palm comes down from his hair and caresses against his cheek.

"Hey sweetheart," he greets quietly.

Yoongi blinks slowly at him. Hoseok gives him a small smile. He notices that his fake feels sticky so he pulls his hand from where he laid on it and wipes at his face. It's wet. Tears.

"You were having a nightmare," Hoseok explains.

Yoongi frowns, not remembering anything about his dream. He sits up and Hoseok moves back a bit. He's crouched in front of the sofa beanch Yoongi is laying on. It's much similar to the one Hoseok has in his office back home only that this one is a cream white.

They were in Hoseok's office in the law firm he worked at. Yoongi doesn't remember going to sleep but he remembers sitting on the bench while Hoseok discussed things with his client. It was the pregnant hybrid man that they had seen in the grocery store that one day. He smelt of saltwater taffy. Sweet. It wasn't as sweet as a hybrid in heat, just sweet enough to know a nurturing figure was around. Yoongi assumed that all pregnant people smell sweet.

He feels his heart pumping wildly and realizes is breathing is shaky. He really can't recall what he was dreaming about but he feels distressed.

"I don't remember..." he responds, a bit disoriented.

"That's okay," the human comforts, inching closer and reaching his hair to place back into Yoongi's hair. The hybrid allows him, burrowing into his palm. Hoseok hums and Yoongi sighs.

"It worried me, though. Does this always happen? Waking up and not remembering your dreams, I mean."

"Sometimes. My therapist said something about it being related to trauma." Yoongi allows his eyes to close. He hears shuffling and then a weight land on one of his thighs. He glances down and sees Hoseok sitting on the floor, resting his head in his lap. His dark hair fell over his eyes as his cheek rests on the fabric of Yoongi's jeans.

"Trauma is difficult. I couldn't imagine going through what you've been through. I definitely wouldn't be sane."

"What...does sane mean?"

Hoseok's head shifts and he struggles to meet Yoongi's eyes due to the angle. The hybrid wipes at his eyes and stares down at him. His tears were drying and he was gradually calming down. It's something about Hoseok that calms him.

"Sane is the opposite of crazy. Like normal." Hoseok gently explains and Yoongi nods in understanding. He likes how Hoseok doesn't make him feel dumb about not knowing the meaning of certain words.

He watches him close his eyes and rest easily on his leg. It's weird watching Hoseok look so adoring and small. Not that the male wasn't allowed to be vulnerable at times but to see him quite literally on the floor laying on him made Yoongi feel a sense of authority. Like this tiny human needed someone to protect him. It's cute to think about. It's cute to see.

Hoseok is suddenly speaking again, "I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to yell at you. I was just upset about being late and then I was going through some stuff with Seomin."

Yoongi's hand rises and he carefully places it on Hoseok's head. He mimicks the male's earlier actions and brushes through his hair. "It's okay. I'm sorry too. I was a bit of an asshole this morning."

"You had every right to be upset," Hoseok sighs out.

"Let's forget about it...it wasn't that big of a deal." Yoongi decides and Hoseok silently accepts it. A thought from earlier comes to the hybrid's mind.