41- h i s_s c e n t

I love y'all so much <3
..........

It's six in the morning and Yoongi is wide awake. Insomnia isn't new to him at all. In fact, he deals with it often. But most times he's asleep before 5am so being awake at 6am with no rest prior was a thing to be concerned about.

But Hoseok is coming! How can he sleep when Seokjin could be arriving any minute now with Hoseok?!

It's been almost a week without seeing him and Yoongi may be a bit dramatic, but he feels like he's forgotten what Hoseok even smells like. Of course, his scent was embedded almost everywhere since this is his house, but still. Yoongi wants to smell him freshly. He craves to scent Hoseok so that they'd smell like each other. God, he's never itched for something so bad.

He lets out a quiet yawn, finally shutting off the television. He promised Seokjin he'd be asleep by now but of course he lied. He can't sleep when Hoseok should arrive soon. He wants to be the first person besides Seokjin to greet him. He's even wearing one of Hoseok's dirty shirts which slightly smells like body odor but he doesn't care. His instincts practically forced him to rob Hoseok's dirty laundry basket earlier in the night. Being officially in heat now, he has needs to tend to. And being wrapped in Hoseok's scent is one of them.

His heart beats quickly in his chest as his anxiety grows. When will the get here? Will Seokjin be mad at him for still being awake? Will Hoseok be mad because he stole his dirty clothes? Would he have to give the shirt back?! God, no, he loves this shirt now. If he had time to build a nest, he would have certainly added this dirty, stinky, Hoseok scented shirt to it.

He takes a deep breath to try and calm his nerves but it doesn't work. He can't wait. He wants to see him now. His heart has never felt so attached to another person like it does now. Liking Hoseok is probably one of his biggest fears but he can't help it. The heart wants what it wants, and it almost always wants him.

His ears flick up when he hears the sound of a car door slamming shut from outside. He freezes and tries to listen for any voices. When he hears Hoseok say goodbye to Jin, he jumps up from the couch and rushes over to the door. He doesn't even bother to look through the peep whole, unlocking the door and swinging it wide open.

Hoseok flinches in surprise, dropping his house keys that was in his hands. He blinks up at Yoongi and was about to say something when the hybrid practically launched himself at him. He stumbles back a bit and releases his suitcase to hold him.

"You're home." He hears the smaller male say. Hoseok smiles at that. "Home" implies that Yoongi thinks of this place as his home, too. And that means a lot to Hoseok, more than he thought it would.

"I'm home," he says, rubbing his back. "I'm home, sweetheart."

"You're here," Yoongi mutters but his voice breaks at the end.

Hoseok squeezes him tighter, cooing at the sound of his sniffling. "I'm here, baby."

Yoongi keens at the petname, tucking his face into Hoseok's neck. He tries to scent him subtly but Hoseok catches on, letting out an amused chuckle.

"Let's get inside, first."

Yoongi reluctantly releases him, trying to hide the pout threatening to form on his lips. Yet he helps Hoseok bring his bags inside and waits patiently until Hoseok locks the door and takes off his shoes. He watches him with anticipation, waiting for him to open his arms and welcome him in again.

The human suddenly approaches him and takes his hand. Yoongi can't hide his blush, not that he cares about hiding it anymore, anyway. Hoseok leans over to turn off the lamp and the room becomes darker save for the dim light from the window. Then, he's tugged towards the staircase and his heart beat picks up as they ascend it. It's not like he's expecting that they'd do something...but he's really excited to cuddle. In this rare moment where he can have Hoseok all to himself, he wants to take advantage of it.