47- b o y f r i e n d

Unedited

Yoongi stares at Hoseok in complete surprise, a light frown on his face. He examines his face and the warm smile on his lips, his red silky button up shirt tucked into his jeans with a few buttons undone, and the bouquet of flowers in his hand.

He had asked him earlier to get ready to go out, and thinking that they were just going to the store, Yoongi put on jeans and a hoodie. But seeing how dressed up Hoseok is, he feels underdressed. And when Hoseok knocked on his door and he opened it, he was met with a very surprising question that sent a confused blush to his cheeks.

"What...did you say?" He asks slowly, trying to process his words. Did he hear right?

"Will you go on a date with me?" Hoseok repeats with a smile, extending the flowers out to him.

To Yoongi, this is so random. He doesn't even know what sparked Hoseok to ask him. Sure they've been getting closer, kissing and holding hands, but that's all. Everytime they did something, Yoongi would keep in the back of his mind that Hoseok doesn't like him back. But to be asked on a date by his crush makes it hard to say no.

"W-why?" He stutters, confused.

Hoseok steps closer and cups his cheek, tilting his head up a bit. Yoongi stares up at him with wide eyes.

"I wanna take you out and court you."

"But why? I thought you didn't like me back?" Yoongi states, stepping back out of his embrace and raising an eyebrow at him.

Hoseok glances away, shifting a bit nervously. "Um...well, it's not like I didn't like you, I was just hesitant. There was something there, but I thought that it was platonic."

"What does platonic mean?"

Hoseok looks back at him. "Platonic means friendly. I thought that..." Hoseok looks away again and Yoongi slowly smiles, seeing the blush appear on his cheeks.

"I thought that I liked you in a caring way. Because I wanna take care of you and do everything to satisfy you. But I want you to only be cared for by me, not Seokjin or anyone else. And I want to kiss you whenever, hug you whenever, and tell people that you're mine. But I can't do all of these things and just be your caregiver. So I thought about it and I'd like to try being your boyfriend, if you're okay with that?"

Yoongi blushes deeply. "I'll be your boyfriend." He says quietly, very shyly.

Hoseok chuckles sheepishly. "I'm supposed to take you out first, though."

Yoongi pouts, rolling his eyes. "What's the point? I wanna be your boyfriend and you wanna be mine so let's be boyfriends already."

"But you've never been on a real date, or had a boyfriend before so I wanna do this." Hoseok steps close to him again, handing him the flowers. Yoongi takes it with a look of mock irritation, though his smile is still prominent.

"Fine. But I'm not changing. You'll just have to accept me as I am."

Hoseok leans down to peck his pouted lips, grinning. "I already do."

The weather is nice. It's sunny and there's a cool breeze blowing that makes the sun tolerable. They decided to walk to a nearby cafe. Yoongi is still surprised that Hoseok dressed super fancy just to go to a coffee shop, but he assumes it's because he refuses to dress up. Plus, it's the middle of the afternoon on a weekday, so the cafe shouldn't be too busy.

When they arrived, Hoseok took Yoongi's hand and held it while they ordered their food and drinks. Yoongi couldn't stop blushing because for some reason, this feels different from all the times they went out together. It feels...nerve wracking. He feels anxious, but in a good way. Something about this feels new.