37 - m o r n i n g

Unedited

A strange sound and the feeling of something ticklish brushing against the skin of his neck is what wakes Hoseok up in the morning. His eyes blink open to the sight of blonde tuffs of hair and a heavy weight on his chest. The weird sound, which now sounds more like the purr of an animal, is much clearer and louder.

His hands find the waist of the person above him and he taps them lightly. They pull away from his neck where they were excessively rubbing and sniffing, and look him in the eyes.

Yoongi. With his nose slightly red and his eyes glowing a sunny yellow, he stares down at Hoseok with a dazed look. The purring sound doesn't stop, instead it gets louder and the hybrid's eyes grow brighter. He ducks back down after a few seconds of staring at Hoseok and continues to nuzzle against him.

Hoseok frowns, confused at this behavior. He's seen Yoongi's eyes change colors before but he's never seen them become this bright. And waking up to the hybrid brushing against him repeatedly is definitely new. He's scenting him. Hoseok is sure of it, he's been scented multiple times by other hybrids, but this feels different.

For hybrids, scenting is a big deal. It's claiming something as their own and letting others know that it belongs to them. So for Yoongi to scent him means that he must mean a lot to the hybrid. Of course, there's platonic scenting and romantic scenting, but both require a close connection with someone. Jimin has scented him before out of instinct but they're already very close in a non romantic way. With Yoongi, it's different.

And the purring...Hoseok has never heard a hybrid do that. He was not even aware that it's something wolves could do. Yet Yoongi is here, on top of him, purring and scenting him like a domesticated cat.

"Yoongi?" His scratchy morning voice calls out. The hybrid's ears flick up immediately, wacking against Hoseok's chin.

"Why are you scenting me?" The human doesn't ask it in a patronizing way, but in a curious way.

Yoongi stops nuzzling his neck and the purring stops. He sits up on the bed and casts his eyes down at the comforter, playing with his fingers. His cheeks burn with an embarrassed blush, shinking in on himself. "I-I'm sorry....I should've asked you first." He mumbles out.

Hoseok raises a brow, sitting up as well. He wipes the crust from the corners of his eyes. "You're not in trouble. I just wanted to know why. You've never scented me before, so it's a bit surprising to wake up to." His yellow eyes flick up to Hoseok's brown ones. Yoongi looks ashamed of what he did even though Hoseok isn't even upset. He doesn't mind being scented.

"I-I don't know why...." The hybrid answers softly.

Hoseok smiles at him, finding his messy hair and the blush on his cheeks adorable. "It's okay. You smell nice so I don't mind wearing your scent on me."

The way Yoongi's face slowly lights up is comical. His cheeks darken with a deeper blush and he shies away, biting his bottom lip in an attempt to contain a smile. He ducks his head once more and Hoseok chuckles a bit.

"You're so cute," he says and Yoongi finally smiles. It's a small one but it's there. For some reason, he's in a great mood this morning. The room is filled with happy pheromones and their scents blending together makes him feel so comfortable. He feels like nesting, which is something he never really does.

"Do you want to continue?" Hoseok offers and his smile widens when he sees Yoongi shyly nod. His tail wagged gently behind him. Sometimes, Hoseok forgets it's even there since Yoongi tends to hide it a lot. And oddly enough, Yoongi looks more...hybrid-ish today. More in touch with his animalistic side. Maybe its the glowing eyes, wagging tail and ears that twitch in interest.