Jacob Seed X Fem!Reader NSFW

Summary: Jacob sees you talking to John and gets jealous, he wants to show you that you are his.

WARNINGS: smut, language

Word count: 3285

The three heralds of Hope County had very different ways of running their regions, but Joseph asked them all to maintain a few similarities. The Father's requests for his siblings were to convert as many people willingly as possible, to help members of his flock to find the right path, and to treat every member of his flock equally. Yes, the heralds weren't meant to have favourites.

But just like many other rules that Joseph had provided for the Project, Jacob managed to break another one. The eldest Seed had a favourite member of the flock, not that he would ever actually admit that. He simply called them the 'strongest' but that only meant that they were his favourite in one way or another. And that person was you, his favourite soldier.

You started out as a soldier but you worked your way through the ranks, earning your place in Jacob's army. It wasn't too long before Jacob took an interest in you, noticing how fast you climbed the ranks and how many of his soldiers you put to shame. You were his strongest.

His personal interest in you intimidated you at first, you assumed he was going to work you to death and he nearly did but you proved that you were worthy to stand beside him in combat. You eventually earned your place at his right hand man, or woman in this case.

You basically did the work that he didn't have time to do, train the new recruits when he was busy, observe the soldiers with him, plan the schedules for the following days.

Your days were spent by Jacob's side. You got to see him as something other than the scary soldier or the monster people believed him to be, you got to see him when he had fallen asleep at his desk, or the nights were he worked himself so hard because he couldn't sleep, the nights were you had to force him to go to bed, the times that you caught him outside in the dead of night outside either chopping fire wood or training by himself. An unofficial part of your job was to look after him and make sure he didn't work himself to death, of course he would never say anything like that and you didn't mind that part of the job at all. To the rest of the flock you were just Jacob's right hand, nothing but completely professional.

But when you spend that much time together you are bound to develop a more personal relationship. You had both become friends in some way, you were the only person outside of the family that Jacob had normal conversations with and sometimes you even felt like you were Jacob's equal and not his soldier.

You would accompany Jacob to Joseph's church, usually you would both show up to the sermon and just head back to the mountains afterwards, but sometimes you would stay to speak with his siblings. This was one of those times.

Jacob was standing with Joseph, the preacher was speaking to him but he wasn't listening, he wasn't even looking at him. Instead Jacob was looking behind Joseph, watching you speaking to his youngest brother. He couldn't hear what either of you were saying but he could see both of your faces. John just spoke with a small smirk on his lips and you laughed, making Jacob furrow his brow. Jacob had never really heard you laugh, sometimes he would say something that you found funny but you always seemed to stop yourself before you actually laughed. You did it because Jacob was your superior and he taught you that something like that was inappropriate, but Jacob didn't understand why you would laugh with John and not him.

You nodded as you tucked your hair behind your ear, looking up at John as he spoke to you. Why was John even talking to you in the first place? No. Why were you talking to him?