Video Games Part 8

Request: Batman Arkham Knight

WARNINGS: spoilers, details of the end of the game!

Joseph Seed-

Joseph wasn't a fan of video games or electronics in general to be honest, but he respected that you enjoyed them and he wasn't going to stop you from playing them. When you started playing Batman, with Joseph in the room with you, he paid a little attention just for some entertainment even if it wasn't really the type of thing he would be into. Of course he wasn't a fan of the violence but you were playing as the character who wanted to do good even despite every struggle and obstacle that gets thrown at him. That was something that Joseph liked. He also found the internal battle between 'Batman' and 'The Joker' in his subconscious pretty interesting because it was something so obscure yet something that he knew his family could relate too.   

Jacob Seed-

Jacob often enjoyed watching you play video games, especially those that centered around combat and Batman Arkham Knight certainly did that. The game didn't really grab Jacob's attention too much but when he heard the song "Only You" beginning to play he couldn't help but look at the screen. He just chuckled to himself as he watched you playing the game, the Joker shooting anyone he came across with Only You playing in the background. He just smiled when you made a comment about the similarities to his so called trails. Jacob also found the internal battle between 'Batman' and 'The Joker' in Wayne's subconscious interesting because it was such a dark and violent representation of internal struggles, something that he dealt with almost everyday.

John Seed-

John enjoyed the Batman films so when you told him that you just got the video game 'Batman Arkham Knight' he got a little bit excited. He was pretty interested in watching you play but of course that wasn't enough,he asked if he could play so after some consideration you gave him a go on the game. You both ended up shouting at each other about playing the game wrong but you both ended up laughing as you took the game back and continued to play it yourself. John hated how the ending was kind of left to the players imagination, he needed to know whether Batman was alive or if the ending was just a hallucination. John wouldn't should up about it for the rest of the night, asking what you thought about. He hates having things unfinished or ambiguous.  

Faith Seed-

Faith wasn't a huge fan of video games, she could admire the art and the scenery and even the characters and their development  but the violence always put her off. But she couldn't really appreciate the scenery and art because it was so dark and gloomily, it just wasn't Faith's style. She warmed up to it a little when you explained that Batman tried to avoid killing people, but soon the game got more violent and there were more deaths. She didn't like the mental fear drug that Scarecrow used against his victims because it reminded her of the Bliss, and she didn't like feeling compared (or her family being compared) to the villain of the game. The ending was an emotional roller-coaster for her, at first she was happy that the good guys won, then sad when she thought that Batman and Alfred had died, and finally confused by the final end scene.

Requests?