Sharky Boshaw: Home

Summary: Sharky is worried that the Deputy is going to leave him now that the cult has been destroyed (you are the deputy).

Angst and Fluff

The whole of Hope County was celebrating, the resistance had finally taken down the cult and it was all thanks you you, the deputy.

The whole of Hope County was celebrating, except for one man.

Sharky Boshaw sat on the roof of one of the trailers at the trailer park, watching the fireworks that were coming from the Hope County Jail. Fireworks were also being set off in Falls End and outside of the Wolf's Den. Usually fireworks would get Sharky hyped up, but they had no effect on him tonight.

You had been at the Jail, celebrating with the Hope County Cougars. There was beer, pizza, music and fireworks. It was fun and much more relaxing with the cult gone. But one thing was still missing, Sharky had never shown up. Sharky would never miss a party and you knew that, you were worried about him.

You spent about an hour at the celebration, before slipping away. You didn't want to celebrate if Sharky wasn't there, it wasn't the same, he was always the life and soul of the party.

You managed to grab a full pizza box and climbed into a car outside before driving away from the Jail. You went to Boshaw manor first but Sharky wasn't there, so you knew that he had to be at the trailer park. You drove into the trailer park and climbed out of the car, the pizza box in your hands.

In the centre of the park was a large bonfire, mostly burning wood but you could see a tyre or two and you had no doubt that Sharky had used at least a little gasoline to start the flames. You had warned him on multiple occasions about the dangers of his methods but he never listened. The night was rather cold so you welcomed the heat coming from the fire.

Sharky had heard your car pulling into the trailer park and came down from his position on the trailer roof, he was now walking towards you while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Hey Sharky! Why didn't you come down to the Jail?" You smiled widely when you saw him, walking towards him.

"Oh well, ya know, I haven't really got the best reputation with law enforcement types" Sharky chuckled but seemed a little awkward as he stopped walking.

"Well, you have a good reputation with me. Plus, you helped take down the cult so they aren't going to arrest you or anything" You assured him and smiled up at him, standing in front of him now.

"Come on Dep, that was all you" he shook his head, smiling a little at the ground.

"Don't sell yourself short Sharks. I couldn't have done it without you" you continued to smile as you nudged his shoulder with yours, walking past him.

"You're too good to me, Shorty" Sharky joked, watching you walk. You noticed the amount of sincerity in your voice and it made you frown a little.

"Come on man, I brought pizza. It's a bit cold but I will eat all of it if you don't get your ass over here" you teased as you set down in one of the two deck chairs, a cooler in between them and in front of the fire.

"You know what? I'm not that hungry" he shrugged, shuffling his feet and not moving any closer to you.

You placed your piece of pizza down and turned to Sharky, frowning at him. He never turned down pizza, something had to be wrong. "Actually, I think that I am just going to go to bed" he nodded before scratching the back of his neck and looking at the ground.

"What's going on?" You asked standing from the chair and walking towards Sharky once again.

Sharky shook his head and turned to walk away, you had never seen him like this. You hurried over to him and grabbed his wrist, making him turn to face you. "You can tell me anything, you know that right?" you asked him as he spun around to face you.

"Y-yeah, I know that" he nodded, still refusing to look you in the eye.

You frowned and reached up to him, cupping his face in your hands and making him look at you. That's when you saw his red, puffy eyes and the tears building up, ready to spill over. "S-Sharky, are you crying? What's wrong?" you asked, worry clear in you voice, your hands still cupping his jaw.

"Ah, it's nothin' Dep" he assured you. Man, he is a bad lair.

"Sharky, we've been through so much together. You can tell me what's wrong, let me help you" you pleaded, brushing your thumbs over his cheeks.

Sharky looked down at you and could barely believe how amazing you were, he didn't deserve you.

"I-I'm just g-gonna miss ya" he confessed, trying to look anywhere but your eyes.

"Miss me? Why are you going to miss me?" you asked, confused by what he said.

"Because you are going to leave Hope County. You are my best friend and I ain't gonna see ya again" Sharky explained.

"Not going to see me again? Of course you are going to see me again...Sharky...I don't think that I am going to leave Hope County" you admitted, letting go of his face and running your hands through your hair.

"You aren't going home?" he asked, his eyes wide and looking down at you.

"Hope County is my home now, I can't just leave this place after every thing that's happened...I'd miss you too much" you confessed, blushing slightly. You had a crush on Sharky for a long time but worried that he would never see you as anything but his best friend.

"Come on Dep, we both know that we can't be friends now" he sighed.

"Why not?" you asked, worried about him but also panicking at the thought of not being friends with each other anymore.

"I've done some bad shit, it's your job to put me away for that. You are like the good cop, you would have to arrest me" Sharky told you, sounding like he was getting irritated.

"I've done bad shit during my time here too, trust me, nobody is getting arrested for that" you shook your head, looking up at him again.

"My record is endless-" he began but you cut him off.

"So? That never bothered me before and it doesn't bother me now. I am not going to arrest you Sharky, I still want you to be in my life" you told him, taking one of his hands in one of yours.

"You mean that?" he asked, his voice quieter as you stepped towards him.

"Of course I do" you nodded, smiling at him.

"You're not going to leave me?" he asked, he voice quieter again and you could hear the desperation in his voice.

"I'm never going to leave you, Sharky" you promised him, using your other hand to cup his cheek.

"You promise?" Sharky asked, resting a hesitant hand on you waist.

"I promise" you smiled.

Both of you could feel the tension between you. You were both practically pressed together, looking into each others eyes and sharing a heartfelt moment. You both had been pining over each other since the day you met, both of you too afraid to say something. Something was always in the way, the priority was taking down the cult but now there were no excuses. One of you had to make the move.

"So...you think you're trailer has room for two?" you asked, gently bringing your other hand up to rest on his chest.

"If it's you...definitely" Sharky nodded, wrapping his arms around your waist.

Your noses brushed together, the sound of distant fireworks and quiet disco music in the back ground. The smell of cold pizza, beer and gasoline surrounding you both. It wasn't perfect, it was more strange than anything, but it was comfortable and loving. It was home.

You both tilted your heads slightly, you raised yourself on your toes and your lips met for the first time. Your arms wrapped around Sharky's neck as he pulled you closer to him, scared to let you go but you didn't want him to let you go. This is where you are both meant to be.

The rest of that night was spent celebrating, the two of you sharing cold pizza, chilled beers and kisses in front of a fire while listening to disco music, Sharky's arms wrapped around you until you both woke up in a new Hope County. Together.

Requests?