Sleepover

Chuck and Sophia came down the stairs together.

"The pizza will probably be here in a minute." Sophia said. "Do you wanna get the boys and come in here?"

"Yeah, okay." Chuck said. "I'll be back in a minute."

"You guys were up there ages, what did you do?" Josie asked. Sophia shrugged in reply.

"Oh my God. You had sex with Chuck?!" Kevin said.

"Yeah..." Sophia trailed off.

"Girl. You remind me of me back in New York." Veronica hi-fived her.

"Guys, Sophia said the pizza would be here soon so do we wanna go in." Chuck told the others.

"I guess so." Jughead nodded.

Archie patted Chuck on the back. "Why are you sweaty?"

"Did something happen?" Fangs asked.

"I may have also had sex with Sophia." Chuck told them.

"Nice, man." Reggie fist bumped him.

"Oh, boy." Sweet Pea said under his breath.

The boys stormed into the lounge, sitting where they could. The doorbell rang so Sophia got up to get the pizza, paying for it.

"Thanks, Soph." Tommy said. "Also, where's mum and dad?"

"Greendale. Don't know when they'll be back." Sophia shrugged.

"They won't mind us sleeping over?" Toni asked.

"Not at all." Sophia smiled.

"Guys, if you wanna stay too that's cool." Tom said to the boys, and they all voiced their agreement.

As they were all together eating, the decision to watch a movie together was made. The boys outright refused anything chick flick related, so a horror was put on. Everyone settled down, Betty and Jughead, Veronica and Archie, Cheryl and Toni together, while the others were sat around. After grabbing a few bowls of popcorn Sophia walked in and sat down in the space next to Sweet Pea. Tom started the movie and everyone sat back to watch. As the movie climaxed, everyone was on edge. Sophia had wedged herself behind Sweet Pea and into the bean bag he was against.

Sweet Pea chuckled quietly. "Scared, Soph?"

"I'm not scared of anything," she replied.

"Sure you're not," he chuckled again, squeezing her thigh. She grabbed onto his arm, head nuzzled into his shoulder.

After what felt like forever, the film finished.

"You can let go of me now, Kev." Moose laughed, but sent him a wink.

"That was too weird for me." Archie said. "Let's watch something else."

"Yeah. An actual horror film." Jughead put another in and everyone groaned, those in relationships cuddling closer together.

"Okay, fine, so I'm a little scared." Sophia quietly told Sweet Pea.

"And what do you want me to do with that information?" He asked.

"Hold me," she pouted.

Sweet Pea wrapped his arm around her shoulders, bringing her in close. She rested her head on his chest and sighed, wrapping her body around him. He smiled, his fingers running over her side in a soothing motion.

"Pass me some popcorn." She said a while in.

Sweet Pea took some from the bowl and shoved it in her mouth, making her cough and everyone looked at her.

"You okay, Soph?" Fangs asked.

She turned to Sweet Pea. "I said pass some popcorn. Not choke me with it."

"You not like being choked?" He asked, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Not like that," she replied with a wink.

"Can you two shut up and stop flirting. It's just getting to the good part." Cheryl threw popcorn their way. They settled down and carried on watching the movie.

They watched an action film next, then the girls managed to get the guys to watch a chick flick. The front door opened part way through.

"Oh. Hi, everyone." Trisha said. Everyone said hello in response.

"Mum, dad, you know Sweet Pea, Betty and Jughead. This is Kevin, Moose, Chuck, Reggie, Archie, Veronica, Josie, Cheryl and Toni. They're our friends from school." Sophia introduced.

"Well, it's nice to meet you all." William said. "But it is a school night, so once that last film is finished, up to bed, you hear?"

"Sure, dad." Tom said as everyone else nodded. "I think we might sleep in the garage rather than my room."

"That's fine." Patricia said. "But we're off to bed. Goodnight, all."

"Night." The group replied, waving as the Putnam parents went upstairs.

"Wow. Your mom and dad are so chill." Veronica said.

"Yeah, especially to let both guys and girls stay," said Moose.

"They had a girl and a boy. They've gotta deal with that." Tom shrugged.

When the last film finished, the boys took the bean bags and stuff back into the garage and Tom found some sleeping bags, passing them out so they could all find somewhere to settle down to sleep. The girls went up to Sophia's room. She got a load of blankets and pillows, making the floor comfy. She let Cheryl and Toni have her bed - on the grounds of "no funny business" - and she and the rest of them settled on the floor.

For whatever reason, Sophia was struggling to get to sleep, so she went downstairs, got a glass of water and put the TV on at low volume for a while. Sweet Pea walked in from the garage.

"Oh, sorry. I was just getting a drink," he said.

"Go for it. Don't mind me." Sophia replied. He went into the kitchen and got a glass of water too, but instead of going back in the garage he joined her on the sofa.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked.

"I just haven't been sleeping well since coming to Riverdale," she shrugged. "I actually haven't slept well for a long time. But I thought that once I was out of London - out of that environment - I would be okay."

"That's fair enough." Sweet Pea nodded. "I can see why you'd think that. But maybe you're just not used to it. You need to let yourself relax." He laid on the sofa, and pulled her to the side of him, wrapping his arms around her. "Just sleep, Soph." He whispered, breath fanning against her neck.

She turned in his arms so her head was against his chest, and he caressed her back gently. They both soon fell asleep.