"Hey, Maia." I looked at the cashier to see it was Carol. I almost didn't recognize her because of her new hairdo; a ruby red, blunt cut bob. We first met at the park where she was with her daughter and I learned that she works here, so this is where I normally see her. She's so nice and hardaworking, juggling school and work. I'm happy that her boyfriend is supporting her and helping her out with their baby every chance he gets.

"Hi, Carol. I love your hair."

"Thank you. I had to get into the Christmas spirit and my man loves this color on me." She swayed her hair from side to side.

"As he should. How was Christmas?"

"Wonderful. On Christmas Eve, I was able to take my baby girl to the mall for a picture with Santa. I dressed her up as one of his elves."

"I bet she looked adorable. Did she cry?"

"No, you know how friendly she is. She was all up in his beard. How did yours go?"

"There wasn't one mishap. Just a bunch of love and joy under one roof. We definitely have a lot of pictures to put into the scrapbook." I swiped my card.

"Right. Oh, this is for you." She pulled a red envelope from under the register and handed it to me. It had my name written in curvise, in the center.

"You shouldn't have. Thank you. I didn't get you anything."

"It's not from me." She gave me my recipet after I put the bags in the cart.

"Who is it from?"

"You'll find out soon enough." Carol winked.

"Okay. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year."

"Same to you. Bye cuties."

"Bye." Lauryn and Joshua waved at her. I pushed the cart towards the exit, staring at the envelope in confusion. Who would know I was coming here today and leave a card for me? Let me get in the car first before I open this envelope. I went outside to my jeep and put the kids in the car before putting the stuff in the trunk except for the bananas. I gave the cart to an attendant before hopping inside the car and turning on the ignition. I handed a banana to each of the kids with their sippie cups.

Inside the envelope, I found a postcard. This is weird.

I turned it over to find a message.

I know you weren't expecting to get this card, but I want to send you on a little treasure hunt. Go where a man gets groomed before a special night with a beautiful woman like you. If he's not careful, he might get more than his hair cut.
~ Kyrie

I smiled, shaking my head. Only he could pull something off like this. He did ask me yesterday what my plans were going to be for today, but I didn't think anything of it because that's what he usually does. I know exactly where we're going; his barbershop. Let's see what this whole thing is about.

I pulled in front of the shop and parked in Kyrie's parking spot. He said I could park in it when he's not here. Plus, I'm not staying long. Before we entered, I threw away the banana peels in a nearby trash can. I then opened the door to let the kids inside as I followed behind them. All of the conservations ceased once we walked in. Everybody turned their eyes over to us and it was like I had something on my face, the way these dudes were staring hard as hell. Can I have my face back?