Chapter 19

Nathan's P.O.V

I sit in my car outside Gwen's place, I see her in her car. She's been in there for a while. I'm starting to get worried, what is wrong with her? Was it the fact that I lashed out at her? Fuck instead of fixing the problem I'm making it worse. The worse part is if I do try to fix it, she will ask why I was crying in the morning. Damn me for even coming to her place last night, and damn her for opening the door. I get out of the car with one thing on my mind, to fix everything between us.

I walk up to her window and see she's crying, why is she crying? I tap on window and she looks up, she gives me a confused look. She shakes her head and I know I'm the reason she's crying. I know she wants me out of her driveway. But I'm not leaving her, not like this especially if I'm the one who caused this. I open her door and take her seat belt off. She doesn't move, she seems lifeless. Why do I have to be such a dick at times. Taking her keys out of her hand I put my arm under her knees, and my other behind her back. I pick her up and kick her door closed. I'm just hoping I can open her front door without having to put her down.

I successfully open her door, but I still struggled bit. She keeps her hold on me tight and I don't mind, I had her like this, this morning. I close her front door, and I walk over to her couch. I try to set her down but she won't let go. She continues to cry into my chest. I sit down and she's now sitting on lap, I bring her close to me if it's even possible. She's now the one who is holding on for dear life. She looks up at me, cries harder. She wraps her arms around my neck and nuzzles her head in the crook of my neck. I hear her mumble something but, I can't quite make out what she said. It feels good just to have her in my arms, even though she is in the worst state I have seen her. This is wrong, me feeling good while she is practically broken in my arms.

"Gwen talk to me." I whisper into her hair. She just shakes her head. I rub her back like she did to me earlier this morning. She's still crying, but not as much. I would give everything for her to stop crying. Even though she look beautiful when she does. I'm so sick for thinking this.

"Gwen please say something" I plea, but still nothing. She slowly stops crying and pulls away to look at me.

"I hate you" she whimpers. I nod, I deserve that. "But I can't stay away." she continues. "I want you to go away but then the next minute I want you near me."

"I'll never le-"

"Shut up, I'm not done!" she cuts me off. "I hate you for making me feel like this. I never asked for this you know. You made me a different person, and I hate that I've cried more in the past month than in the last five years. You drive me insane. One minute you're all nice, then the next you ignore me." she wipes under her eyes. "I want to be near you, I want to help you, but you push me away. Last night in your sleep you started to cry. I got scared, I tried to wake you up. But you wouldn't so I laid down next to you and cuddled until you stopped." she finished and nuzzles in my neck.

"T-thank you" Is all I can say. She helped me when I didn't ask for it. I look down at her and smile. I love that she hates me that much, it's a good feeling to know she can't stay away from me. I'm a fucked up person. Feeling happy over her misery. She says nothing more, I think I hear her snore. I laugh lightly so I won't woke wake her up and slowly fall asleep to the rhythm of her breathing.

***

Gwen's P.O.V

I slowly start to open my eyes and I let go of thing. I grab my neck, damn it I hate when I don't sleep well. I massage my neck and moan a little this feels good. I start to look around and I'm downstairs? I look to my left and I see Nathan. What the hell? I'm sitting on his lap and he's asleep. How did this happen? I slowly get off his lap, and get begin to look for my phone. Where did I leave it. What time is it? It's bright outside, I don't think I slept all day yesterday. I sit down across from Nathan, and I put my face in my hands. What happened yesterday? I know I didn't drink, cause then I would have a headache and I don't have one.