Chapter 2

As much as I tried to forget last night's events I couldn't. Even after I showered I can still feel his touch. All I dreamed about was him, the way his words made me feel disgusted. He's good looking, but the way he treated me was in no way good.

I walk out of my room to see Brie sitting on the couch holding her head. I shake my head at her, what a dumb ass.

"Hey I'm out I have clinicals today at UMC." I say as I walk over to get a bottle of water.

"You have clinicals? Today?" she whispers

I nod, I get my car keys on my way to the door. "Oh and I don't ever want to go back to that damn house again." I say opening the door.

"Well... I will be going back, Nathan from what I can remember was a very nice guy. I think I'll be talking to him more." she says still holding her head. As the words leave her mouth I feel a bit of jealousy. Honestly don't know why, but I don't want to feel that. He was rude and disrespectful.

"Well I don't care babe, I'll be home around.." I look at my watch it's 9am. " 6 maybe 7. I'll bring dinner this time ok." I smile and walk out. I get my phone out as I'm going down the stairs, in the midst of unlocking my phone I don't see and I bump into someone. I fall back on the stairs and hit my head. I grab the back of my head and wince in pain. I slowly sit up and look down to see who I bumped into.

"Anthony?"

"Gwen, I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there I was on my phone." he says coming towards me.

"No, I'm sorry. I was on my phone. So what are you doing here." I say as he sits down next to me.

"I came here to see how you were doing?" he smiles. His smile is very bright and beautiful.

I smile back and get my phone off the stairs. "Well I'm fine thank you. I'm on my way to my clinicals. So I will have to see you later." I get up and adjust my scrubs.

"This early?" he asks as he also gets up. I smile.

"Yes this early, I'm already running late. I'll see you around ok." I continue my way down the stairs. I hear steps after me. I turn around and Anthony is behind me.

"Yes?" I question

"Umm yea.. I.. was wondering. If you will like to go out to dinner with me?" he says rubbing the back of his neck.

I smile again it seems that when he's around I can't stop smiling. "Let me get back to you on that. I'm honestly late right now. I'll let you know tomorrow ok." I say and speed walk my way out.

I get into my car quickly and drive off as fast as I can.

**

I walk out of my shift. It was so damn packed today. I never knew so many people had to get ultrasounds done. The one thing I hate the most is that clinicals aren't even paid. They just count as experience, yes I need it in order to get a job in the future, but I work the same hours as an employee and I don't get paid. I walk over to my car, and quickly drive off. I'm not going to say I hate this, but I do in a way. As I'm driving I get a call, I put it on speaker since I can't talk while I drive.

"Hello" I say as I turn the volume of the radio down.

"Gwen, what are you going to bring to eat. I'm hungry already." Brie whines

"I'm taking chinese." I let her know then hang up. I'm in no mood to talk right now. I put my phone on my lap and continue to drive. I know of this place that has the best chinese food.

I pull up to the place and sit in the car for a while. I couldn't stop thinking of Nathan at work, all I have done today is think of him. Even now I can't get him off my mind. I stare off, and I see Nathan walking into the same place I'm going. Should I go in now, or should I wait till he leaves. Maybe he won't even remember me, he was way too wasted. I take my keys off the ignition and I grab my purse. I walk into the chinese restaurant, and go stand in line; he's in front of me just my luck. I look at the menu to see what I want to get this time. I look over it a few times until I decide on chicken fried rice and lo mein as well, I also order mongolian beef. After I order it I go look for a seat. Since the place is packed I can't find one. I see nathan look at me, but I turn away and stand on the side.