Chapter 4

We drive up the driveway of the frat house and the music could be heard two blocks away. As Nathan parks the car I unbuckle my seatbelt and proceed to walk out but someone beats me to the door, opening to reveal Nathan smirking down at me. I look down in response and Brie lets out a slight cough. "Nathan? How about you open my door Gwen can open her own" By the sound of her tone it looks like I'm not the only one who is jealous. I mentally slap myself, what the hell Gwen, jealous really? He's not even yours my subconscious mocks me. We make it to the front door and I find Anthony standing by the door. I turn back to let Brie know I will be with Anthony for the night and instead catch Nathan eyeing me.

"He didn't try anything on you did he?" Anthony says as he tugs at my arm grasping me out of the eye contact I just had with Nathan. I swallow my breath and nod at him letting him know that I was fine.

We walk over to the kitchen to grab a drink and by this time I feel nervous, the weird part is that I don't know what is making me nervous yet I have a clue. Anthony hands me a cup and he seems to notice me shaking.

"Hey," I look away "Hey, are you sure you're okay you seem a bit off?" I look up and see that Anthony's eyes are full of concern. I contemplate on whether I should inform him about the notes I have been receiving or if for his sake, leave him out off it. I decide against it and ask him if we can go somewhere private so we can talk. He leads us up to one of the empty rooms and to my luck I catch Nathan's gaze but quickly turn around in hopes that he won't follow.

"What's wrong Gwen?" I take a deep breath before telling him and begin to fiddle with my fingers. He lifts me up by the chin so I am facing him "Gwen?"

"I have been receiving some notes.." I choke "and I don't know who they are from, I'm a bit frightened that I'm being followed" I return my gaze back to my fiddling fingers.

"Gwen please don't feel like you're not safe, I'm here for you I'll make sure nothing happens to you okay?" There is sincerity in his voice and I feel safe. I trust him. In the space of total silence the door bursts open and a tall, blue eyed brunette busts in through the door.

"Anthony some idiots are fighting we need some help" Anthony lets out a sigh in frustration.

"Can't someone else deal with it?" the tall boy moves closer into the room.

"No man it has to be you, its Cory" Anthony lets out a shit slip out his mouth and quickly he's on his feet.

"I'll be back all right?" I nod and start to wonder who Cory is and why Anthony had left so hastily. I quickly forget the thought and I head downstairs to the bathroom and as I'm on my way down two young men come running in behind me, one of them stumbling into me and I lose balance falling down and hit my head against the rail. What is it with me and stairs? I slowly get up with one hand behind my head and a hand quickly gets a hold of my arm. I look up in hopes that it is Anthony yet again to my surprise its Nathan. I jolt my arm out of his grip and try to run off but with these ankle boots it's not easy.

My leg suddenly twists and I'm on the floor again this time I feel pain and I reach down to hold my ankle bringing my hand down from the back of my head and notice that my hand has blood. Nathan appears and kneels down trying to help me but I put up my hand "Don't touch me" His eyes widen and he picks me up in his arms.

"You're hurt, I'm not just gonna leave you here" he takes me to the master bathroom and places me down on the closed toilet seat. He reaches for the drawer and takes out an ice pack making his way back to me and placing the ice pack on my ankle "Leave this here for 10-20 minutes and the swelling should go down." He stays there for a while with the ice pack holding it down for me and I find myself staring down at him.