Chapter 7

We walk into our favorite club Tao. The music is loud and we're ready to have a good time. Even though I can barely dance. Coming to clubs is fun and all, but when you can't dance it sucks. I see Brie grinding all over a random guy. Well she got over Nathan soon. She looks amazing in her blue cut out crop top and black mid thigh skirt. God why does she always have to look good. I would die to look like her for once. But I have to remind myself, god made me this way and there is nothing I can do to change it. I mean I look good too. But since I got dressed in such a short amount of time I only got to wear my black peplum dress with a lace pattern on top. I paired it with white heels and a white clutch.

"Can I buy you a drink" a deep voice speaks. I look over to see a guy who looks like he's in his mid twenties.

"No thank you I'm fine." I politely decline.

"Oh come on, it's just a drink." he pushes.

"I appreciate the offer, but I can't drink too much tonight." I smile

"Really? Then why come to a club if you're not going to drink?" he retorts.

"Because she can. Now leave her alone." I hear a voice behind be speak up over the loud music. And I freeze. Nathan? My eyes quickly move to the dance floor to make she Brie doesn't see Nathan here. I feel his arms snake around my waist. And I feel comfortable. He presses his front to my back. For a strange reason I don't feel the need to tell him to let go of me. The guy who offered me a drink leaves, and I relax in Nathan's arms which is even more surprising to me. He makes me feel comfortable, at ease, and safe. Without thinking I lean onto his chest. Resting my head on his left shoulder, and smile.

"How is it that you always find me?" I whisper into his ear. I see him smile, which is a first. He's always smirking and not smiling.

"I may or may not be stalking you." I tense. "Gwen I'm joking. The other boys wanted go out, so here we are." he smiles again. It's nice to see him smile. God why does he have to be so cute. "What?" he questions still holding me. I shake my head.

"Nothing I just love your smile." I blush, because I've never told a guy a compliment. He shakes his head and his smile grows bigger. I love that I can make him smile.

"I love yours' too. I just wished I could see it more." he says dangerously close to my lips. My cheeks become more red, thank god he can see them.

"I know you're blushing, Gwen" he says way too smoothly. I laugh. How can he know it's dark in here except for the strobe lights but they aren't that bright.

"In all honesty Nathan I never get compliments." I mutter. He nods understandingly.

"If you were mine you would get compliments on the daily." I blush even more. He has this charm that just attracts you more to him.

"You said it Nath, if I was yours. Which I'm not, also I'm not a property you can claim." I corrected him.

"You have a point there love." He says getting closer to my lips. I slightly move my head to get some distance between us.

"Nath, one question. Why did you lead Brie into thinking that you liked her?" I ask.

"I never gave her a reason for her to think that. I would just go out with her, because I knew I would see you." he explains. At least he's being honest.

Reaching over to get my clutch, I see Brie look over at us. Nathan hasn't let go of me, and I can see the pain in her eyes. God this looks so bad. She shakes her head and walks out. Fuck. I slowly get out of Nathan's hold and turn to look at him.

"Brie just saw us again. Please go talk to her. Tell there is isn't nothing between us." I plea

"I will, but don't speak too soon." he says in my ear and walks out to look for Brie. What does he mean? Nathan and his cryptic messages. Will he just say what he means? Does he think I know how to decipher messages?