Chapter 18

I feel someone over me and I feel hot when I start to wake up. I see Nathan on top of me, he's still asleep, but he has me trapped in his arms. Dammit! I knew I shouldn't have fell asleep with him. But he just had to start crying. I slowly wiggle out of his hold and manage to get off the bed before he wakes up. I stand back and watch him sleep, he grabs my pillow and nuzzles his head into it. I smile and shake my head. He must really like cuddling. I walk over to my bathroom and start my shower. I step in and shower quickly I don't want Nathan to wake up when I'm not in the room.

Fifteen minutes later I'm out of the shower and dressed, but he still isn't up. I sit down on the edge of the bed and admire him. How can he be such a douche at times, but so cute and adorable the next minute well more like when he's asleep. He begins to stir in his sleep, and I think he's about to wake up. But I'm proven wrong when he begins to move his mouth.

"No Jess I'm sorry I'm so sorry! No don't move!" he shouts making me jump up. What is he talking about? Who is Jess? "Jess don't close your eyes stay with me!" he begins to cry. What do I do? Do I wake him up? I don't think it would be a good idea.

"No No No!!!! Jess wake up! Please wake up!" he shouts. Ok that's it I'm waking him up.

I shake his shoulder and he opens his eyes. He gives me a confused face and quickly hugs me. He hold me tight and I feel like I can't even breath. He buries his face on my the top of my abdomen. I hug him back, I feel that this is what he needs, a hug. His breathing has doubled, and he is panicking.

"It's ok, it all going to be ok." I tell him as I run my fingers through his hair. He nods, but doesn't say anything. Should I ask him who is Jess? I will but not now, maybe later. May be not ever, since it obviously makes him cry. He sobs and I hug him tighter. "Nathan it's ok. I'm here please don't cry." I murmur into his hair. I kiss the top of his head and he still won't let go or even stop crying. "Nath, please." I say and he looks up at me. His eyes are filled of sadness and pain.

"What's wrong?" I softly say. He shakes his head and hides his face in my abdomen again. "Nathan come on you're crying. Don't tell me nothing is wrong." I say and step back but he pulls me back in. "Nathan stop being a child." I lightly laugh. But he tightens his grip on me. Oh ok he's not joking. I pull away and cup his face. I look him straight in his eyes and he forces his gaze away from me. I need to know what is wrong with him but, he looks so broken right now. He gets up and pushes me out of his way. I look at him, but he doesn't even look at me. He picks up his shirt and puts on his shoes and is out of my room within seconds. I'm left confused and wanting answers.

I finish getting ready, today I need to head down to school and fix some things before I go to class. I also need to speak to Jay about this little fake relationship thing we have going on. I need to tell him that it's over? Oh god I just need to tell him that I won't be needing his help anymore. It's no use making Nathan jealous anymore. I'm not going to be dating him anytime soon. Why did I ask Jay help again? Oh yes my dumbass said I was dating. Well I guess I have to come clean about it now. I walk out of the house and I'm grateful that I only have today class and I'm done, until we come back from spring break.

I arrive at school and make my way to the counselor's office. I need to make sure I have everything set for my graduation. I don't want to be told last minute "oh you're not graduating". I sign in and take a seat. It looks like it's going to be a long wait. I take my phone out and text my mom. I haven't talk to her in awhile, and I want to see if they have gotten the flight info yet.

*Mom!!How have you been?* I press send and I look up, only to see Nathan walking in and taking a seat behind the sign in desk. He does work study? I learn something new about him everyday. He has a serious yet sad look on his face, and I just want to hug him. He looks so vulnerable. And I want to be the one to help him. His eyes find mine and he quickly looks away. Why is he being like this? Is it because I saw him cry? It's nothing to be shy about, we all cry. I get up and walk to the side of his desk.